Senior Buyer - machined parts
Senior Buyer - machine parts
This position has the primary responsible for purchasing machined, castings and aluminum materials.and maintaining an open line of communication with a variety of suppliers. This position communicates daily with the production control team on any component issues, our accounting department on costing/invoicing concerns, our quality department on NCR's and receiving inspection, and our engineering team on NPI projects. Our buyers are continually working with our suppliers to improve supplier on-time delivery. The buyers also work to continually improve raw good turns and look for cost reduction opportunities.
The focus of this position is Persimmon machined parts. In conjunction with the Director, Strategic Sourcing, the Senior Buyer will work with local, US and international machine part suppliers to match machined parts with supplier capabilities, manage the relationships with these suppliers, place and track purchase orders and work with the suppliers on quality, delivery and cost.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Support Production MRP requirements for machined parts
- Develop partnerships with machined parts suppliers
- Execute NPI material requirements (time to market needs)
- Review open orders – expedite when required
- Participate in supplier audits
- Monitor supplier OTD and QPPM supplier scorecards
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven or demonstrable negotiation skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills
- Able to work within a schedule driven environment. Timing and a sense of urgency is a critical function of this role
- Experience working with shifting priorities and moving deadlines
- Good Project Management experience
- APICS or Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience preferred
- MRP and Engineering Design tool (SolidWorks or equivalent) experience required
- Ability to read machined part prints and understanding of GD&T essential
- Bachelor’s Degree required with at least 3-5 years’ experience in a Purchasing, Planning and Manufacturing environment.
Senior Buyer - machined parts ( contract)Senior Mechanical Buyer - machined parts (contract with opportunity for direct employment) ( potential for some remote work ) This position has the primary responsible for purchasing machined, castings and aluminum materials.
- Wakefield, Massachusetts
Planner/Inventory AnalystManufacturing Planner / Inventory Analyst - North Shore/Boston The Manufacturing Planner / Inventory Analyst is responsible for all activities related to materials management. This ranges from reviewing the delivery forecasts, planning and va
- Gloucester, Massachusetts