Software QA: Automated Testing Tools for Web Applications And Application Development
- Jan 04, 2017
Everyone knows that software quality assurance testing is a vital part of application development, but exactly what is software “quality”? While each customer will have their own definition of quality for their specific software, the goal is to deliver an application that is reasonably bug free, is maintainable, and meets the end user’s expectations and/or requirements. Automated testing for software QA purposes ensures:
- That an application, as well as later versions, is accessible and runs error free.
- That your development team can make changes with more confidence.
- That functionality and security of the application can be quickly verified after every change.
Software QA Automated Testing ToolsSoftware testing involves operation of the application under normal and abnormal controlled conditions, followed by an evaluation of the results. While testing can be done by people or computers, most are automated and utilize a standard coding language such as Java and Python, or a tool-specific scripting language. There’s a popular saying among software engineers: “If something is worth doing once, it's worth building a tool to do it.” There are a wide variety of tools available for software QA testing. Here are some of the most popular:
- test IO is a powerful platform that uses crowd-sourced technology and thousands of professional testers from the around the world to test apps under real-world conditions. It makes software QA testing more efficient and fully integrates with your existing software development processes.
- Usetrace automated testing uses a code-free editor to build cross-browser test cases that are run automatically in the cloud. Reports can be sent to email, Slack, or Jenkins.
- CloudQA is a cloud-based automated application testing environment that is built over Selenium and offers codeless testing, as well as record and playback. Detailed reports are provided, as well as recommendations for improving development and test processes.
- TestingWhiz is a simple and intuitive test automation tool for multiple testing scenarios. The user-friendly tool lets you easily verify critical functioning of your apps. It offers a wide range of third-party integrations and features that make your testing experience smooth and successful.
- SpiraTest is a fully web-based solution that tracks bugs, enhancements, risks and issues in one environment, with complete bug traceability throughout. The clean and powerful user interface offers complete end-to-end software QA life cycle management capabilities.