Connecting IT Talent With IT Demand: 3 Ways to Make Sure You Hire the Best
- Jun 07, 2016
The IT world is extremely competitive, and even hiring managers and recruiters need to play the game. Today’s best IT talent can pick and choose the organizations they wish to work for, and your own firm’s success depends upon its ability to find and attract that talent. Now more than ever, the entire process resembles a concerted marketing effort. Nothing wrong with that – game rules change – but you might have to write a new hiring playbook to ensure you have the best strategies in place. Here are three ways to make sure you’re doing all you can to attract the best IT talent. 1. The Application Process. Make sure applicants view your firm as an employer of choice. Your brand should accurately reflect your firm’s reputation in the industry, your culture, and the benefits you offer. Take the hiring process seriously and invest your time and talent in creating and implementing a top-notch talent acquisition process; it’s where your firm makes it first best impression. Be sure:
- It has as few steps as necessary, eliminating requests for duplicate information.
- You don’t discuss salary requirements at the outset.
- To give the process a personal touch. Something as small as an application confirmation message can set your firm apart.
- Work on great projects.
- Be part of a supportive and creative team.
- See what a firm’s leadership style and company culture entails.