VP of Engineering, SaaS (Regulatory / Healthcare) - OTE 275k - Improving Drug Therapies!
LocationRaleigh, North Carolina
Compensation: 250k salary target based on seniority/experience, potential stock option plan issued, + health, dental, 401k match w/ profit sharing, bonus and more!
Work from home / REMOTE from your home office. CANDIDATES MUST BE IN THE CONTINENTAL USA.
*Candidates with previous consulting / professional services experience are encourage to apply*
About the company:
- Established in 2004, our privately held client with 50+ employees between their Cambridge and Hartford offices, is a global leader in biomedical modeling and simulation services (PaaS). They have worked with over 200 clients on more than 600 projects.
- Join my client in their mission to defeat diseases by applying your skills to support real-world biomedical problems.
- Become a valued addition to the tech solutions team, comprised of approximately 10+ engineers. The engineering team prides itself on their efficient remote workflow.
The Vice President of Engineering, is responsible for the overall success of the engineering team. This role is essential in providing leadership around the technical execution of our mission. The Technology Solutions group is responsible for all of the company’s technology needs, including technology products and related services, and other technology needs for Scientific Services. This position reports to the SVP of Technology Solutions and works together to set, manage, and execute the overall vision for the engineering team. The VP of Engineering is accountable for the planning, organization, and execution of all engineering activities. This includes directing engineering staff to meet customer needs (both internal and external) and provide support and maintenance of ongoing technology product and infrastructure development.
- Provides sound technical leadership and sets the overall engineering strategy.
- Responsible for the platform frontend, backend, database, server infrastructure and devops.
- Builds and manages the engineering team and sets the team culture.
- Leads the engineering team, hiring, mentoring, leading on architecture and best practices, setting up the platform for growth.
- Works collaboratively with the VP of Product to execute the product vision (product roadmap, user experience, etc.)
- Sets expectations with stakeholders around implementation timelines, deliverables, and tradeoffs.
- Ensure our people, processes, systems, and infrastructure is built to deliver long-term growth.
- Oversees assessment of the time and effort needed to deliver features or product, ensuring quality and timeliness of the team’s deliverables.
- Leads transformational projects to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and strategic position of the Technology Solutions team.
- Interacts directly with customers to support custom implementation projects, where appropriate.
- Understands and addresses gaps and improvement opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization missions by completing related tasks as needed.
- Please note: this job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- 10+ years of experience in cloud computing and configuration management or related automation tools
- Experience in pharmaceutical / regulatory and/or life sciences industries
- Extensive experience in architecting complex systems
- Deep expertise in implementing development processes to drive team execution and meet business goals.
- Track record of identifying and solving strategic problems while driving growth
- Past experience as a contributing engineer, both frontend and backend
- Proficient with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers.
- Familiarity with our technology stack
- Linux: basic scripting, managing users, and software on managed systems.
- Versioning tools (Git, svn).
- Programming languages (R, go, Ruby, Python preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a highly capable team
Education and Experience:
- Ideally, we prefer a 4-year college degree (technical or quantitative science) or equivalent work experience with evidence of proficiency and achievement in virtual infrastructure management and programming languages.
- Additional training, certification, and/or experience in virtualized infrastructure-related tasks is preferred.
Application Architect / Technical Lead (Remote) - Target Salary 185k + equity (~1%)Our client is building the future of rental software for landlords and tenants. This is an opportunity to join a venture-funded company with a proven team as an early engineer. If successful, we will have transformed the way individual landlords and
- Raleigh, North Carolina
CloudOps Engineer / Cloud Engineer (AWS) - 2 yrs exp. or more - salary up to 125kCompensation / Perks: $90,000.00 - $125,000.00 target Salary, 401k match, healthcare, dental, and more! *Work from home / Remote - Cannot support visa transfers or H1b visa sponsorships* This is an exciting opportunity to work with a major player i
- Raleigh, North Carolina