Title Insurance - Senior Underwriter (Atlanta)
**Candidates must come from the Title Insurance Industry in the Georgia market to be considered**
Our East Coast based client is a highly recognized fixture in the Title Insurance industry. They are looking to add a seasoned Underwriter with extensive knowledge on Title Insurance in the Atlanta market. If you are looking for less red-tape, and more flexibility – this could be an amazing career opportunity to spearhead growth, while creating a lot of career upside. Our client firmly recognizes that success in the title insurance industry is only possible with the intimate legal knowledge that an experienced Underwriter contributes. As a result, they compensate with an understanding of what their Underwriters “bring to the table”.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited law school and license to practice law in Georgia.
- 5 or more years of legal experience with an emphasis on Georgia real estate (residential and/or commercial).
- Experience in bankruptcy, estate settlement and litigation preferred.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Serves as a resource to agents and staff on Atlanta, GA area title and real estate issues by responding to phone calls and written inquiries, as well as, writing articles and presenting educational seminars.
- Provides knowledgeable and prompt responses to underwriting calls from agents; makes sound business decisions that facilitate the issuance of title insurance policies while appropriately managing the risk of loss to the company.
- Provides advice to Title Counsel on complex title matters.
- Assists title searchers in resolving title issues related to the preparation of title searches.
- Advises staff regarding endorsements and policies prepared in-house for members/agents.
- Reviews condominium documents.
- Meets with agents to resolve underwriting questions.
- Visits, in coordination with Agent Services, to encourage the use of our client’s title insurance services.
- Writes Practice Notes and articles on real estate issues.
- Assists in training and mentoring Title Counsel.
- Performs the duties and functions of a Title Counsel.