Test Supervisor - Electronics Manufacturing
Manufacturing Test Supervisor - electronic manufacturing
Our Client is one of the largest and most successful manufacturers of RF and High Voltage Power Supplies to the Medical Device, Aerospace, Defense and Consumer Electronics Industries. It's recent entrance into the semiconductor equipment arena has met with great acceptance and unprecedented sales. To meet the company's Quality standards and Customer Satisfaction goals, the company is adding a Manufacturing Test Supervisor position.
In this role, the Test Supervisor will be responsible for the achievement of KPI's ( key process indicators) for the test operations on site and will effectively manage and lead the test technicians creating an environment of continuous improvement in support of the company’s manufacturing goals. You will collaborate across all functional areas that support manufacturing. This is a highly visible position with career growth opportunites.
* Overseeing daily operations of the test areas to assure safety, quality, delivery, utilization, and employee performance and satisfaction.
* Support and collaborate with 2nd shift supervisor and test lead to assure the daily achievement of goals.
* Manage the test capacity and cycle times to assure delivery to the plan.
* Analyze the production plan and capacity to proactively recommend strategic and tactical approaches to improve and adapt capacity to assure success.
* Work closely with Material Scheduling, Planning, Control team to assure the plan meets customer need and that all material shortages are cleared and addressed to avoid impacts to production.
* Manage the staffing, time & attendance to optimize utilization and positively impact gross margin.
* Assure that all test equipment, procedures, and employee actions meet required safety protocols. Conduct all required health and safety audits.
* Develop a positive and collaborative relationships with manufacturing and design engineering as key support organizations.
* Develop a focus on data driven quality improvement. Significantly improve quality, yield, and reduce rework.
* Collaborate and partner with the Quality team to plan and achieve quality improvement goals.
* Create and manage processes for daily team communication on and across shifts.
* Assure that the team is keenly customer focused.
* Improve quality of product and test processes through continuous improvement initiatives; structured problem solving, LEAN, and 6S.
* Ensure adherence to ISO 9001 and 14001 standards.
* Implement consistent and robust ESD procedures and processes throughout test operations.
* Report KPI’s to Manufacturing Manager.
* Other duties will be assigned as needed.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
* Minimum 3 years’ experience leading test operations in a manufacturing environment.
* Degree or Certification in Electronics or Electrical Technology strongly preferred.
* Degree in Business Management (preferred)
* Experience collaborating with supply chain, materials, and engineering.
* Ability to manage a team using solid production disciplines for safety, quality, and utilization.
* Proved on the ground experience utilizing structured problem solving, LEAN, and 6S to transform operations.
* Ability to manage people and guide their professional development.
* Ability to manage conflict and difficult performance issues.
* Strong knowledge and skill with computer, MRP, ERP, and Microsoft Office software required.
* Knowledge of manufacturing controls required – Capacity planning, inventory control, Bills of Materials, Engineering drawings and Change Orders, Document Control, Work Instructions.
* Proactive nature.
* Highly organized
* Strong work ethic, self-motivated.
* Excellent Oral and written communication skills required.
* Ability to lift 35lbs
Our Client offers a generous benefit package including 100% employer paid health/dental/vision insurance to every fulltime employee and pays a generous portion of the dependent's coverage; a bonus/incentive plan; matching 401K; PTO starting at 3 weeks and much more. Here your accomplishments are recognized and career advancement is promoted.
Document Control AssistantDocumentation Control Assistant - 6 month contract Essex Country, MA The Document Control Assistant is responsible for providing general support to the operations of the Document Control and Configuration Management groups. This role will a
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Manufacturing Engineer/TechnicianManufacturing Engineering Technician - North Shore of Boston ( Recent Graduates with practical internship/co-op experience considered ) The ideal candidate will be have a BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, be career drive
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Director Engineering Program ManagementDirector of Program Management Our metrowest client is an energy startup commercializing an innovative battery technology first developed at MIT. As the Program Management Director you will lead several NPD programs and a small team of Program Manag
- Worcester, Massachusetts