Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
LocationWilmington, North Carolina
We need an experienced Mechanical Engineer with design and project management experience. Ideally with refrigeration/compressed gas/chemical systems design experience for a growing Wilmington, NC industrial technology company!
About the job
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
Our client is a growing niche industrial tech company with the goal of designing and manufacturing the highest quality, most efficient, and most cost effective Nitrogen Generators. This opportunity comes with excellent pay and benefits along with the potential for some relocation assistance. Location is in beautiful Wilmington North Carolina!
The Senior Mechanical Project Engineer is responsible for leading and executing projects to design and develop Nitrogen Generation Systems for customers. In addition, the Senior Mechanical Project Engineer will lead and execute efforts to developing new products and features, taking a high quality system into the future, and growing company revenue. The successful candidate will posses the ability to perform detail design using parametric modeling practices, perform predictive analysis, develop prototypes, and fully validate results. They will be a team player, and work to find solutions and new products that are in the best interest of the company and customer.
- Develop Nitrogen Generator system designs, including integration of specified and manufactured generator coupled with other specified equipment such as dryers, compressors, and boosters.
- Manage technical projects to deliver new designs to customers, including developing schedules, tracking progress, analyzing competitive systems, managing resources and solving issues that may result.
- Analyze current and new systems to identify improvements in operation, reduction in cost or time to build product, or improve ability to meet customer needs.
- Interface with customer, including updating status of designs, helping to solve issues, and reflecting the company in a professional manner.
- Collaborate well with all primary company functions, including operations, sales and marketing, quality, service, and finance.
- Assist and provide technical insight to engineering staff, and help improve design methods for all development teams.
Knowledge and Skills
- Heavy experience using detailed 3D CAD parametric modeling, Solidworks preferred.
- Ability to execute an engineering development project from concept all the way through manufacturing, including delivering results to budget and on time.
- Manufacturing knowledge to specify and develop components using metal and plastic fabrication, with heavy focus on machining and sheet metal.
- Process oriented approach, with experience analyzing and improving designs and work flows to optimize and improve efficiency.
- Ability to create and manage drawing specifications and performance validation planning.
- Experience in development of detailed specifications for operation of primary engineered systems as well as purchased subassemblies such as motors, dryers, compressors and boosters.
- Experience in development of detailed test plans, using basic statistical tools to drive choices and prove effectiveness of results.
- Understanding of code compliance and experience working within a regulated industry, preferred experience with UL, CE and FM.
- 5+ years of experience in development of products in an industrial manufacturing environment, including experience in all phases of development from concept to manufacturing and post launch support.
- Ability to perform and lead predictive analysis of mechanical systems, including but not limited to stress analysis and gas system design. Electrical design experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university. Master's is a PLUS
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to act independently.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to multitask across several priorities.
- Heavy customer needs focus, with a clear ethical and professional approach
Managing DirectorClient Type: Design – providing engineering expertise to the architectural and construction community in the fields of structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering design. Location: Charlotte, NC *This is not a
- Charlotte, North Carolina
Mechanical Project EngineerMECHANICAL PROJECT ENGINEER: Come work and play in beautiful WILMINGTON, NC Our client is seeking a DIRECT HIRE resource who is a BS degreed MECHANICAL ENGINEER. New college grads encouraged to apply. Relocation Assistance is available
- Wilmington, North Carolina