Senior Buyer - PCB
Senior Buyer - Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs), cable assemblies and other electronic components
North Shore of Boston location
** Candidates must have a minimum of a BS degree, be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities change quickly and must be passionate about their chosen profession.
This position has the primary responsible for purchasing components and maintaining an open line of communication with a variety of suppliers. Our buyers work with various departments within the company. This position communicates daily with the production control team on component issues, the accounting department on costing/invoicing concerns, the quality department on NCR's and receiving inspections, and our engineering team on ECO's. Our buyers are continually working with our suppliers to improve supplier on-time delivery. The Senior Buyer will also initiate cost down activities.
The focus of this position is Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs), cable assemblies and other electronic components. This will involve working with contract manufacturers, cable manufacturers and COTS suppliers. Other commodity categories will be added to this position based on overall workload.
The positon reports to the Purchasing Manager and will act as individual contributor position with high visibility and critical path deliverables.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Support Production MRP requirements for electronic components (PCBAs, cables, etc.)
- Develop partnerships with electronic component suppliers
- Execute NPI material requirements (time to market needs)
- Review open orders – expedite when required
- Participate in supplier audits
- Implement Kanban agreements
- Monitor supplier OTD and QPPM supplier scorecards
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven or demonstrable negotiation skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills
- Able to work within a schedule driven environment. Timing and a sense of urgency is a critical function of this role
- Experience working with shifting priorities and moving deadlines
- Good Project Management experience
- APICS or Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience preferred
- MRP and Engineering Design tool experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Operations Management or related field.
- Candidates with professional certifications will be preferred
Document Control AssistantDocumentation Control Assistant - 6 month contract Essex Country, MA The Document Control Assistant is responsible for providing general support to the operations of the Document Control and Configuration Management groups. This role will a
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Manufacturing Engineer/TechnicianManufacturing Engineering Technician - North Shore of Boston ( Recent Graduates with practical internship/co-op experience considered ) The ideal candidate will be have a BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, be career drive
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Director Engineering Program ManagementDirector of Program Management Our metrowest client is an energy startup commercializing an innovative battery technology first developed at MIT. As the Program Management Director you will lead several NPD programs and a small team of Program Manag
- Worcester, Massachusetts