Our Client, located in Peabody, MA, is an industry leader in providing vibration controlling equipment to the semiconductor, pharmaceutical and aerospace industries as well as research centers and universities. They are experiencing rapid growth due to new product introductions and are adding staff including a Senior Accountant.
This position will have a broad range of technical, day-to-day finance/accounting and compliance responsibilities. Duties include monthly close activities including journal entries and reconciliations, revenue and accounts receivable analysis, revenue recognition and other Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities. The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the month end close and preparation and interpretation of financial reports to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with company and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Assist with the preparation and evaluation of balance sheet and income statement information, determining variances and trends and reporting to management.
- Evaluate existing accounting methods and processes to automate and streamline.
- Make recommendations for improving policies and procedures.
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing, including revenue recognition review.
- Proactively evaluate the results of operations, identify trends/risks/opportunities and recommend actions to ensure the business unit achieves its commitments.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the function and the broader business unit.
- Maintain effective internal controls to ensure protection of assets and an accurate reporting of financial position.
- Drive improvements in Working Capital.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Ensure Corporate/Divisional/Business Unit policies and procedures are followed.
- Special projects and analysis as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
- 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Microsoft Navision/Business Central experience a plus.
- Strong background in GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance.
- Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
- Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to understand the technical accounting questions that arise and contribute to the Finance team’s overall knowledge.
- Proven business partnership skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organizational environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask and meet deadlines.
- The right person will be ambitious and flexible and want to learn and grow professionally.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite, and ERP Software and applications
Accounts Receivable SpecialistAccounts Receivable Specialist- Peabody Our Client, a growing, high technology manufacturing company, is seeking a highly motivated, and career minded individual to serve as our Accounts Receivable Specialist to provide support to businesses in Peab
- Peabody, Massachusetts
Property Accountant - to 100k (commercial asset exp. required)Compensation / Benefits Info: Competitive salary, healthcare, dental, 401k match, unlimited vacation and more! This position is onsite / hybrid. Once the new hire is up to speed, there may be some flexibility to work from home 1-3 days a week. Our c
- Boston, Massachusetts