Sales Executive - Commercial Insurnace
Sales Executive – Commercial Insurance
Our client is one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing Commercial Insurance Brokerages offering complex insurance solutions to businesses in a variety of industries.
Commercial Insurance sales is a unique opportunity for the experience business-to-business salesperson to build an amazing career with truly unlimited income potential. You are paid commissions on both new sales and renewals. Clients will often stay with the same brokerages for many years giving you the chance to earn more and more money each year.
The perfect sales career?
- Commissions paid on both new sales and annual renewals, creating unlimited income potential.
- You have a team of experience Account Managers working with you to support your existing clients, giving you the opportunity to focus on developing new business.
- This is executive level sales you will interface daily with C-suite customers and business owners.
- Business must have Commercial Insurance, so you’re selling a “need” not a “want”.
- Our client uses a team selling approach, giving you access to industry experts in a variety of industries and client success stories to help you close business.
- Strategic and consultative selling – Commercial Insurance is complex. This is not a sales career where you’re selling a commoditized product. You must develop deep relationships with your customers and a deep understanding of their business to build a comprehensive risk management solution. Smart, consultative Sales Executives can offer extremely valuable solutions and service to their customers.
- Successful Sales Executives have the opportunity to earn an equity stake with the company.
The Sales Executive solicits and sells insurance products and services to existing and new business; maintains an existing book of business; expands book of business; enhances the public image of the Agency by proactively performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively use sales techniques to identify prospective clients to provide leads for additional business. Generates a steady flow of qualified prospects from own leads and company supplied leads and solicits referrals from existing customer base.
- Contacts and qualifies prospective clients and explains features and merits of policies offered, recommending amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect's circumstances.
- Calls on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to suggest additions or changes in insurance program. Designs insurance and risk management plans for clients.
- Reviews outstanding account receivables, collects payments in a timely manner and keeps record of payments.
- Helps policyholders settle insurance claims in the event of a loss.
- Anticipates future needs and calls on established clients to renew and upgrade accounts.
- Develops long-term relationships with clients, carriers, and underwriters.
- Develops a thorough and accurate understanding of the clients' and carriers' business needs.
- Gathers complete client information necessary for marketing the account. Gathers updated information at each renewal.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and more than one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative, and creative with good communications skills and strong sales skills.
- Must be competitive, persistent, and self-reliant, with high energy and sales drive.
- Must be able to cold-call on prospects, influence others and close the sale.
- Must have a thorough understanding of insurance underwriting and coverages, including rating procedures.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.