Project Network Engineer
Project Network Engineer - Energy Storage
With a long corporate history in the energy industry, our client is a solar + storage systems integration and lifecycle services provider with highly integrated hardware and software capabilities. The robust software and top tier energy storage solutions are developed by expert teams of engineers and technical professionals. Employees have extensive industry knowledge and experience who enthusiastically seek to build on the companies advanced product offerings to deliver and maintain world class systems.
The Project Network Engineer is responsible for the architecture and design of various network segments for Energy Storage and Solar + Storage projects. The Project Network Engineer works closely with the Project Engineering Manager and the Project Engineering Team to design and troubleshoot project networks as well as interface with customers to ensure proper network communication. In addition to project implementation, the position identifies and develops new designs to improve reliability and operation of the companies project networks.
Primary Job Functions
Project Network Design and Delivery
- Design and document L2 / L3 networks for the Energy Storage and Solar + Storage projects, leveraging supported design patterns defined by our standard network architecture designs
- Engage in overall cyber security roadmap and provide customer facing architecture and design
- Integrate and maintain network configuration system information models for related project networks to ensure consistent deployment automation
- Perform any network modeling (latency / throughput) as needs arise or project requirements dictate
- Partner with customers to ensure that the client network flawlessly integrates with the delivered system
- Manage relevant customer required and project specific network and security documentation
- Partner with internal field services team to diagnose and triage any project related networking issues
- Partner with Engineering Architects and Product Management to identify potential roadmap or design pattern short comings
Job Dimensions (skills, knowledge & abilities)
- Full stack networking (Ethernet, cellular, various tunneling protocols, TCP/IP, UDP).
- Familiarity with debugging tools (Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.)
- Familiarity with git or other SCM tools
Qualifications (Education & Work Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in relevant Engineering discipline from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of NERC-CIP, ISO 27001, ISO 27019, and / or NIST SP 800-53 would be a plus
- Related experience of at least 4 to 6 years.
- Relevant CISCO or Fortinet (preferred) certifications
- Certificates in various cyber security standards (NERC preferred)
Domestic Overnight Travel / Location
- Up to 25% overnight
- Full remote
Document Control AssistantDocumentation Control Assistant - 6 month contract Essex Country, MA The Document Control Assistant is responsible for providing general support to the operations of the Document Control and Configuration Management groups. This role will a
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Manufacturing Engineer/TechnicianManufacturing Engineering Technician - North Shore of Boston ( Recent Graduates with practical internship/co-op experience considered ) The ideal candidate will be have a BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, be career drive
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Director Engineering Program ManagementDirector of Program Management Our metrowest client is an energy startup commercializing an innovative battery technology first developed at MIT. As the Program Management Director you will lead several NPD programs and a small team of Program Manag
- Worcester, Massachusetts