Procurement & Purchasing Manager (Retail / Convenience)
*Compensation: Base salary to $125k, 401k match, full-benefits, tuition reimbursement, growth opportunities and more!
Our client, a Fortune 500 company in the Natick, MA area, is seeking a Procurement Manager to oversee and help establish a new department for sourcing equipment, goods and managing vendor contracts for their New England gas station division. In this role, you will negotiate supplier agreements, contracts, and RFPs in order to maximize profitability and minimize costs for their chain of locations.
The right candidate for this position will be a detail-oriented communicator and have a background in the retail / convenience space, along with the ability to mentor others and establish infrastructure for a newly formed department as it grows. Prior leadership experience is highly preferred, but all applicants coming from a purchasing or procurement role in the retail space will be considered.
This is a HYBRID REMOTE ROLE – significant team collaboration will require 2-3 days in-office per week. Department heads will work with new hires to establish an efficient schedule.
- Develop, streamline, and centralize a procurement process and strategy.
- Develop and implement procurement policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation.
- Develop strong relationships with key vendors/suppliers to manage contracts and improve business.
- Execute RFP’s assessing vendor proposals to identify the best value and negotiate the best possible terms, conditions, warranties and rebates.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and develop benchmarks.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Build relationships cross functionally within GDSO to assess current and future business needs.
- Perform ad-hoc reports and other job-related projects as assigned.
- 5 to 7 years of experience working in a Procurement or Purchasing position in the retail space.
- Working knowledge and ability to teach Oracle Cloud or similar ERP systems.
- Ability to help establish infrastructure and mentor employees on procedures, technology, and new initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college.