NPI Program Manager/Supply Chain
NPI Program Manager - Supply Chain
North Shore of Boston
Our Client, a leader in the robotics and electric motor industry, is looking to add to it's dynamic team. A position of NPI Program Manager/Supply Chain has been created to manage new products and maintain the company's sustained growth.
The ideal candidate will a BS in supply chain, business or equivalent (MBA is a plus ), be able to work with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment where priorities change quickly. To be successful in this role, you must have a sense of urgency, attention to detail and follow-though as well as creative problem solving skills.
The NPI Program Manager works in the Supply Chain group in support of Engineering development needs. Our Client's NPI (New Product Introduction) process is collaborative between the Engineering and Supply Chain group. As new products are developed, the Engineering team needs to work with suppliers to understand their capabilities, pricing and lead times for small quantity, prototype parts. Given the volume of NPI activity, a NPI Program Manager is needed to assist both the Engineering and Supply Chain team manage supplier activity related to new products
Reporting to the Vice President, Supply Chain Development and Procurement, this is an individual contributor position with high visibility and critical path deliverables.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
The NPI Program Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Embed in the Engineering NPI teams to understand NPI project scope, supply base and timelines.
- Develop project schedule factoring in time for design, quoting, supplier manufacturing, build event, and all resources required – part of stage gate process.
- Assist Engineering team with supplier interaction, including quoting, placing PO’s, revising PO’s and tracking deliverables.
- Assist with supplier and parts logistics prior to arrival and once parts are at the Client's facility.
- Contribute to transition on production level ramp up
- Manage cost down road map project.
- Create cost roll ups and continuously update target reductions from procurement team
- Entry of Engineering BOM’s into MRP system
- Create and manage tracking spreadsheets for various assemblies
- Run regular project meetings covering status of parts in design, on order or undergoing revision change
- Create mitigation plan on any delivery impact from supplier
- Engage with operations team to ensure NPI products are kitted and built when needed
- Ensure proper plans are in place for logistics, build event, and shipment
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent project management experience
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally, ability to get things done in a fast-paced, exciting environment
- Experience working with suppliers is preferable but not required
- Experience working with engineering teams is preferable. The ideal candidate will have some interaction with technical products and a range of materials.
- Ability to work within a schedule driven environment. Timing and a sense of urgency is a critical function of this role
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills
- Experience working with shifting priorities and moving deadlines
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience with MRP systems desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Document Control AssistantDocumentation Control Assistant - 6 month contract Essex Country, MA The Document Control Assistant is responsible for providing general support to the operations of the Document Control and Configuration Management groups. This role will a
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Manufacturing Engineer/TechnicianManufacturing Engineering Technician - North Shore of Boston ( Recent Graduates with practical internship/co-op experience considered ) The ideal candidate will be have a BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, be career drive
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Director Engineering Program ManagementDirector of Program Management Our metrowest client is an energy startup commercializing an innovative battery technology first developed at MIT. As the Program Management Director you will lead several NPD programs and a small team of Program Manag
- Worcester, Massachusetts