Mid-Senior Data Engineers (RECESSION PROOF COMPANY) - 130-155k, 10% Bonus, 5% 401k Match!
LocationWarwick, Rhode Island
Compensation/Benefits: up to $155,000.00, 10% annual bonus, 5% 401k match, vacation, healthcare and more!
Remote 3 days from home office, 2 days onsite in Warwick, RI
Join the team at our clients' sparkling new office in Warwick, RI and be a part of one of the most exciting entertainment companies in the world; over 50 years in business! With millions of followers on various gaming channels and platforms, as well as in physical casinos, we're dedicated to giving everyone the best gaming experience possible. So if you're looking for a fun and challenging place to work, look no further!
They’re looking to hire 3 more Data Engineers to join a newly created team of Data Engineers, (6 total) architects and machine learning engineers in an agile environment. These are brand new organic hires do to the companies exploding growth! You will leading the effort by integrating 3rd party data platforms, building batch and streaming data pipelines for our cloud data platform and our enterprise data warehouse, you will build a variety of services that drive intelligence into their internal and external products and platforms. You will work with scrum team members delivering elegant solutions and troubleshooting difficult problems. You will get to work with massive data sets and learn to apply the latest big data technologies on a leading edge platform.
- Coding elegant strategic solutions which are reusable and easily maintainable
- Peer reviewing other team member’s code.
- Attending stand-ups with key stakeholders – communicating the status of development and raising any potential risks as early as possible.
- Producing clear and concise documentation where required.
- Continuous learning
- Sharing technical knowledge with other members of the Data Engineering Team.
- To design better data solutions for the gaming industry, it's important to first understand and play their games to get a sense of the player's experience.
Competencies and experience required:
- Strong SQL / Procedural SQL / Data Warehousing experience
- 5 or more years of professional experience in Data Engineering
- Demonstrable experience of data processing Python
- Experience with engineering Cloud solutions - GCP, AWS, etc.
- Unix shell scripting (or alternative) experience
- Has worked in a team that adhered to agile principles
- Has demonstrated self-motivation/pro-activeness on a previous role
- Good communication skills, including the ability to translate technical descriptions into something that can be understood by a non-technical business-facing team member
- An innovator who is not afraid to put forward ideas for improving team process or suggest new features to the Product Owner
Desirable experience, Not Required:
- Delivering services as docker containers
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and or streaming
- Exposure to databricks
- An interest or experience in the gambling industry