Mechanical Department Manager
Client Type: Design – providing engineering expertise to the architectural and construction community in the fields of structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering design.
Title: Mechanical Department Manager
This is not a remote position. Must be willing to relocate (if not local) and report to the office.
Our client has an immediate need for a Mechanical Department Manager. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead an established group of design professionals. Your role will be to promote and assure quality on all mechanical projects and work performed by your Mechanical Department. This will include assigning department personnel to project teams, assisting in or leading in the development of fee and scope proposals, and determining labor, resource, and financial needs of the Mechanical Department. Your role also includes budgeting for the Mechanical Department during our clients’ annual budget preparation and overseeing expenditures of the Mechanical Department.
- Provide leadership to the office’s Mechanical Engineering Department
- Help grow the office’s Mechanical Engineering Department
- Lead teams on selected projects, serving as the client’s main point of contact for the engineering team
- Provide oversight of mechanical engineering projects
- Provide specification and design of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems for architectural projects within defined budgets
- Maintain and foster relationships with client
- 15+ years of experience in the design of buildings and related projects
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-Accredited University
- Registered Mechanical Engineer in the state of Georgia
- Experience with a focus on client satisfaction, quality, leading and managing a technical staff, and managing architectural projects
- Experience in the design of HVAC systems, including VRF system design, hydronic piping systems, central plants, building automation, medical gas, plumbing, and fire protection systems for various types of projects including commercial, industrial, institutional, healthcare and residential construction
- Energy Modeling experience
- NCEES License
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit
- LEED AP accreditation
- Commissioning Certification
- Experience using Bluebeam
Benefits: Please, inquire within for additional details on any of the items listed below.
- Bonus Plan Game
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Floating Holiday
- Professional Association Membership Reimbursement
- Professional Registration
- Continuing Professional Education
- Tuition Reimbursement
- First Time Homebuyer
- YMCA Membership
- Overtime Pay
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.