Manufacturing Test Engineer
Our Client, a major supplier of critical power conversion technology is expanding it’s innovative and dynamic engineering team and is looking at the addition of an Electrical Manufacturing Test Engineer. This is a highly visible position with career advancement opportunities for the high performer.
Manufacturing Test Engineer –
The Manufacturing Test Engineer is responsible for developing and improving the manufacturing test process for RF products. In this role, you will support manufacturing with training, problem solving, process characterization, design and development of test fixtures, and process and document improvement activities. You will work with cross-functional teams to ensure safety, environmental, and design standards are met. You will collaborate across all functional areas - sales, supply chain, facilities, quality, manufacturing, and design engineering.
- BS in electrical engineering with knowledge in RF electronics.
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant manufacturing experience.
- Project management experience is a must
- Strong organizational and leadership skills required.
- Experience testing and troubleshooting electronics, power and RF products preferred.
- Lean and 6S implementation experience is essential. Certifications preferred
- Proficient with CAD software (SolidWorks preferred, or equivalent), MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Smartsheet, and other common office tools.
- Knowledge in LabVIEW preferred.
- Strong capability in data analysis, SQL, Tableau experience preferred
- Experience with an ERP System for engineering functions.
- Capability to initiate and lead process improvements.
- Experience developing and maintaining process documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly motivated, self-driven
- Ability to collaborate on diverse teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop capability to test and troubleshoot RF Products including generators, matches, chucks.
- Work with manufacturing test technicians to troubleshoot and diagnose test issues.
- Utilize and enhance data systems to monitor and improve first pass yield using structured problem solving to and identify root cause.
- Analyze manufacturing data and identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement; identify and utilize methods of making manufacturing process more efficient and effective (reducing waste, using lean and 6S practices).
- Evaluate, maintain, improve, and develop manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, while conferring with equipment vendors and soliciting observations from assemblers and test technicians.
- Maintain documentation (test/assembly procedures, training and operation manuals, equipment/tool calibration, etc.).
- Provide production technical support for equipment operation, repair, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Provide training to current and new employees on the operation of the equipment and tools.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, design, and build new production assemblies and test stands.
- Effectively utilize common engineering technology and software packages for optimization of design & development activities.
- Carry out manufacturability (DFM/DFT) review on all new products in a timely manner.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to monitor key production processes.
- Attend required health and safety training and follow safety and security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Utilize appropriate and innovative tools to support project and program management activities to assure projects are managed and completed on time and on budget.
- Support all ISO 9001 requirements and collaborate with Quality to develop and maintain QMS processes.
- Implement product and process engineering changes as required thru the ECO/ECR process.
- Prepare and present project proposals and scenarios for leadership team decision making and approval.
Desired Personal Capacities
- Can learn and apply new information or skills at an accelerated pace.
- Is a lifelong and continuous learner.
- Driven toward process improvement every day and everywhere.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability and tenacious follow through.
- Is comfortable with reaching beyond role scope to drive improvement and growth.
In addition to competitive salary, our Client offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes company sponsored health insurance coverage, a 401K plan and a bonus incentive program.
Document Control AssistantDocumentation Control Assistant - 6 month contract Essex Country, MA The Document Control Assistant is responsible for providing general support to the operations of the Document Control and Configuration Management groups. This role will a
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Manufacturing Engineer/TechnicianManufacturing Engineering Technician - North Shore of Boston ( Recent Graduates with practical internship/co-op experience considered ) The ideal candidate will be have a BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, be career drive
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Director Engineering Program ManagementDirector of Program Management Our metrowest client is an energy startup commercializing an innovative battery technology first developed at MIT. As the Program Management Director you will lead several NPD programs and a small team of Program Manag
- Worcester, Massachusetts