Manufacturing Planner / Inventory Analyst – North Shore of Boston location
Sponsorship is not available. Local candidates preferred.
As the Manufacturing Planner / Inventory Analyst you will be responsible for all activities related to materials management. This ranges from reviewing the delivery forecasts, planning and validating material availability including day-to-day communication with management team. The Planner / Inventory Analyst is considered the subject matter expert in planning and is accountable for ensuring kit completion and key contributor for material availability review and planning.
· Planning of all work orders according to forecast and customer orders.
· Planning of production orders, including verification of piece parts and subassembly
· Participate in daily/weekly production meetings and brings the material availability to table.
· Plan for new product (NPI) introductions from R&D to volume manufacturing.
· Reviews backlog to determine materials shortages and capacity requirements to provide commitments feedback to customer.
· Schedule and host meetings with all manufacturing partners, local or overseas, to reduce and eliminate shortages.
· Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any delays and roadblocks to meet target ship dates.
· Performs scheduling functions involved with Managing Work orders, coordinating products and materials movement through the manufacturing processes to completion and on time shipment.
· Set up routings in ERP system and prepare and print production orders and pick lists.
· Assist in planning PO placement for volume and strategic parts using ERP’s MRP system.
· Generate reports on status update for management.
· Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· Must be proficient in ERP systems with an understanding of electromechanical manufacturing, multi-layer BOMs and test process.
· Must have thorough understanding of MRP methodologies and all aspects of demand and supply management.
· Must be well organized, detail oriented, and able to multi task.
· Must be an efficient user of Microsoft office tools such as excel, word, PowerPoint. must be able to create spreadsheets, charts and graphs, formulas, V-look ups, etc.
· Must be efficient in proactively identify areas of potential supply concerns, keeping in mind capacity constraints, shortages and communicates analysis/recommendations to all parties impacted.
· Must be flexible with work hours to meet and work with customers and suppliers in different geographic locations.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and capability to self-prioritize workload.
· Above all a strong team player.
Our Client offers a generous benefit package including 100% employer paid health/dental/vision care, a bonus incentive plan, matching 401K, PTO and an innovative and collaborative work environment where employees are recognized for their success and career advancement is encouraged.