Local candidates preferred, Sponsorship is not available.
Our Client, a worldwide leader in robotics and electric motor technology, is adding to its innovative, entrepreneurial Engineering Team with a newly created Manufacturing Engineering position. This is a high visibility position offering opportunities for growth including a career path to Management Functional Leadership.
To qualify for this position, candidates must have a BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study - a MS is preferred - and have a minimum of 8+ years of experience in related positions ( 6 years with a MS degree ). Candidates looking for a challenging and career growth opportunity are strongly urged to apply. Candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents
Manufacturing Engineering Summary:
In this hybrid Manufacturing Engineering position you will support the company in its current stage of rapid growth. The Manufacturing Engineer is expected to make key contributions to a number of facets of the business including:
- Process engineering and Support ~cycle time, flow, kanban, time study, tooling design, automated test equipment, etc.
- Responsibilities will also include documentation systems for all manufacturing, implementation of manufacturing support systems, work environment management, cross-functional team integration, and continuous improvement activities.
- May be asked to work with the Quality organization to investigate supplier issues, DFM improvements and implement corrective actions.
- Special projects may be assigned as needed as this is a hands-on role where the individual will be responsible for a variety of manufacturing and quality related issues.
Job Responsibilities and Deliverables:
• Baseline and document new and existing robot manufacturing process – Operational Method Sheet (OMS), Cycle Time
• Support of value stream mapping, production control process flow
• Support production genealogy and data capture through MES
• Development of tooling and fixtures
• Develop and support MFG BOMs – work with Engineering and Materials groups to transfer Solidworks PDM BOMs into ERP. Ensure BOM accuracy & transactional accuracy.
• Support engineering design, fabrication, and assembly for alpha and beta products
• Work with vendors to support prototyping, production, tooling, and packaging
• Participate in design reviews – support DFMECA and PFEMCA activities
• Participate in MRB activities, and support the evaluation and investigation of non-conforming material
• Support development for core skills, - training documents, workmanship, torqueing, thermal fit, bearing installation, vacuum handling, encoder test, motor installation, band tensioning, etc.
• DFMECA, PFMECA, SPC
• ISO-9001 familiarity – performed as auditor a plus
• Working knowledge of problem solving tools and methodologies
• Working knowledge of ERP Systems; Oracle, SAP, QuickBooks, MISys, or similar
• Working knowledge of MES Systems; Factory Logix(AEGIS) preferred
• Working knowledge of lean and six-sigma principles and tools; flow design, kanban, cycle time, takt time, line balancing, constraint theory, kaizen, 6S, demand flow, CpK, and DOE
• Working knowledge of MS OFFICE Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access
• Working knowledge of project management and meeting deadlines; Jira, or Trello
• CAD experience, preferably Solidworks and SW Composer
• Working knowledge on measuring process performance; business analytics and reporting
• Working knowledge of Industry practices; Copy Exact, ESD, SSQA, POR
• Firm understanding of revision control, ECO practices, and workflows
• A broad range of engineering skills, understanding mechanical and electrical concepts, knowledge of manufacturing methods and practices, and working with design documents controlled by specifications and geometric tolerances
A BS in Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred. Experience in Robotics, Semiconductor or Automation is highly desired.
A generous benefit package is offered including a generous health/dental insurance plan, 401K, Vacation and PTO and a challenging and collaborative work environment where success is recognized and career advancement is encouraged.
Test TechnicianTest Technicians - 1st and 2nd shifts Ipswich/Gloucester area Top Salary - $26-29/hr + $5/hr shift differential Apply today and see your career develop. Why this company/position? Career advancement opportunities. Achievement is rec
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Supply Chain ManagerWe are seeking a Senior Supply Chain Manager with experience sourcing mechanical assemblies and components. Your will be responsible for establishing relationships with vendors to secure the best value for goods purchased. You will develop and mainta
- Cambridge, Massachusetts