Linux HPC System Administrator - TS/SCI Cleared
Perks: Competitive Salary, Benefits & More!
TS/SCI Security Clearance Required – will consider those within their 2 year window that had the specific clearance
US Citizenship required
Location: Onsite at Federal office in Vicksburg, MS - Relocation package may be available for this position
This position necessitates the physical presence of the employee at a government facility that mandates COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing. Those who are interested in this position should be prepared to adhere to the applicable COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing protocols by the commencement of their employment.
We are representing a global technology company that is at the forefront of technical advancement. This company helps businesses and Federal Government entities with their data and applications from on-prem to cloud. The company is built on innovation. The company comprised of cutting-edge teams specializing in High Performance Computing (HPC), Mission Critical Solutions (MCS), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Research and Development (R&D).
In the last fiscal year, the company's revenue reached close to $8 billion, with higher than expected results in Q1. They’re secure, established and poised for more growth in an otherwise turbulent technical and economic climate.
- Maintain the Linux Supercomputer systems availability to the customer, but also create and document site procedures, system diagrams, and other configuration or support documents
- Maintain Linux based system software and firmware revisions, including patches, updates, and OS upgrades
- Solve Linux system hardware, software, and third-party software issues, and provide detailed and thoughtful analysis of problem and solution
- Gather data, perform analysis, and escalate problems to higher-level product support groups and appropriate management when necessary to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues
- Provide solutions and implement repair or workarounds when possible, fully documenting steps taken when required
- Manage software issues for both the system and user applications, submitting and tracking bugs as required
- Answer customer inquiries concerning system software versions, product lifecycles, new releases, and third-party applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area of study.
- 8+ years’ Linux HPC-related experience, ideally with large-scale HPC and parallel file system administration and support
- Linux+ and Security+ required
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL or SLES), workload management systems, parallel file systems, networking and security
- Direct experience and demonstrated proficiency with multiple programming and scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, C, FORTRAN, etc.) preferred
- Ability to maintain system software, utilizing debugging tools for problem isolation; will perform software builds, software upgrades, and patch installation as needed
- Ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines
- Experience with project planning and management, process management, and team or project leadership preferred
- Able to clearly document processes and procedures with a focus toward mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Occasional travel for training is required
- TS Clearance Required, Security+ Certification Required, Linux+ Certification Required