Lead Technical Architect - Commerce Consulting - up to 220k
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Compensation / Perks: Salary target between $200,000.00 - $220,000.00 plus benefits, 401k and more!
*100% Remote / Work from Home*
Our well-respected, and highly sought after digital marketing firm, recognized as one of the most innovative agencies in the country is looking for a The Technical Architect to join there team based on growth! The Technical Architect is a problem solver and is responsible for the overall execution and organization of the development effort on large-scale technology engagements. The Solutions Architect has the ultimate responsibility of making technologies work together and, as a result, is a key role that contributes heavily towards the success of the project. They are responsible for transforming the requirements into architecture and design documents that can be used by the rest of the team to actually create the solution.
The Architect is also responsible for the guidance of development as well as obtaining buy-in and acceptance of the solution architecture. They must be able to understand and predict from afar how all the pieces will fit together and identify potential issues and risks early on to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans. The successful candidate will have advanced communication and negotiation skills, as well as an innate ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions.
- Perform technical requirements gathering, use-case discovery, and platform analysis
- Generate convincing and substantiated technology and architecture recommendations
- Develop and maintain software requirements specification and architecture documents
- Serve as the primary day-to-day technical contact for Clients, third-party vendors, technology partners and internal project stakeholders
- Collaborates with Technology Directors to develop estimates and overall implementation solution plans
- Serve as the lead for all implementation, customization, and integration efforts
- Define and document best practices and contribute to company knowledge sharing efforts
- Identify and define integration points with third party solutions
- Define and document all tools and technologies used to implement the solution
- Work with vendor services to provide elements related to technology selection and implementation
- Perform problem analysis (identify root causes, outline resolution options, and take appropriate actions to resolve problems)
- Prepare and deliver technical proposals and presentations to all levels of a client’s organization
- Evaluate vendor documentation and technical requirements to accurately estimate time and cost of identified options in order to make recommendations on approach from the business perspective
- 5 or more years of experience in commerce consulting.
- A strong understanding of the current commerce technology platform landscape, emerging technologies in the commerce space, and common solution architectures (ranging from headless or “MACH” based to more monolithic patterns).
- Broad exposure to large (e.g., Salesforce Commerce Cloud, SAP Commerce Cloud, Oracle Commerce Cloud), mid-market (Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento), and modern or more emergent (commercetools, elasticpath, VTEX, Fabric) solutions.
- Experience in researching and exploring new solutions, developing relationships with platforms, and directing the work of others.
- Familiarity with leading content and experience management platforms (including Contentful, Amplience, Bloomreach) is a plus. Experience with complex front-end architectures, including API-based models, is a plus.
- Extensive experience working with enterprise level CMS systems, commerce platforms and enterprise search solutions
- 8-10+ years developing and leading large-scale technology engagement and at least 4+ years doing so in an agency environment
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages (e.g. .NET, Java, Python, Go-Lang, PHP, Perl, SQL, Flash/Flex, Ruby-on-Rails, etc.) and the ability to propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these technologies
- Expert-level knowledge of object-oriented design concepts, various frameworks, data storage implementations and enterprise design patterns
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies
- Experience managing technology teams of 10+ people (developers, QA, etc.)
- Advanced ability to analyze business requirements quickly to determine and assess feasibility
- Must have an excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.)
- Work with resource managers to define overall recruiting needs and expertise in solution area
- Mentor and guide more junior technical resources
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Experience building applications and websites for large multinational brands
- Computer science degree preferred