Junior Buyer - temp to perm in Bedford, MA
In this Buyer role you will be assisting senior level buyers and be able to learn from their experience and gain additional experience in the exciting field of supply chain.
- Serve as resource within the Purchasing department for assisting Sr. Buyers with expediting and rescheduling of Purchase Orders.
- Process all MRO, R&D, and other non-inventory procurement Requisitions
- Prepare and send out RFQs to vendors, follow-up as necessary to ensure costs are communicated to the Requisitioner and purchase orders are submitted in a timely manner
- Assist Sr. Buyers with material expediting and Purchase Order rescheduling and processing RMAs
- Build and maintain good business relationships with your internal customers & external material supplier base
- Evaluate supplier options according to price, quality, and service; make good choices on behalf of the business
- Work with the Receiving and AP to resolve supplier invoicing discrepancies.
- Complete other tasks / assignments as needed.
- Associate’s degree or 1 to 3 years procurement experience
- Excellent negotiating, communicating, organizational, and computer skills
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems (desired)
- Good comfort level with: MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and other common computer applications.
- Manufacturing environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- APICS CPIM (Preferred)
- Ability to effectively present information and to respond to questions from internal and external customers / suppliers
- Practical problem-solving skills and ability to deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Willingness to adhere to and apply ethical Purchasing methodologies and practices.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and be able to respond to frequent changes
Sales & Finance Administrative Support SpecialistAdministrative Assistant - supporting Sales and Finance. North Shore of Boston location Position Summary: In this diverse role, the Office Assistant will support daily office administrative requirements primarily in sales and accounting functions.
- Gloucester, Massachusetts