Human Resources Generalist – North Shore of Boston location
This is a highly visible position with career growth opportunities working with a Global team of forward thinking HR professionals. In this role, the Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, compensation review, performance management, employee engagement, employee relations and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures; assists in the development and implementation of employee policies and procedures; help maintain the employee handbook.
- Conducts employee relations counseling and coaching, and exit interviewing.
- Analyzes exit interviews and makes recommendations for continuous improvement strategies.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Tracks and monitor COVID-19 prevention procedures and weekly testing
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Participates in human resources staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as directed.
- Helps to maintains human resource information system records and creates and analyzes HR metrics.
- Assists with improving performance management, talent development and employee engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Proficiency with ADP / Workforce Now At least one year of human resource management experience preferred. SHRM-CP a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, proactive attitude Strong collaboration and active listening skills
- Ability to provide consultation and coaching to managers and employees
- Ethical practice Global and cultural awareness HR expertise (Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations) Relationship management skills Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Excel
Our Client offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes company sponsored health insurance coverage, and a 401K plan. Non-financial benefits include a friendly work environment, which values independent thinking as well as a management philosophy that encourages team spirit.