Electrical Program Engineer - High-Voltage Power Supply Design
LocationHigh Bridge, New Jersey
Hunterdon County, New Jersey
In this role as the Electrical Program Engineer you be responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and evaluating electronic circuits for high voltage DC power supplies. Responsibilities include running SPICE models, selecting components, bread-boarding, testing, conducting experiments, problem solving, evaluating, and reporting results.
- Design of high voltage DC power supplies up to 500kV.
- Utilize a wide variety of power conversion topologies for inverters up to 25kW.
- Liaising with cross-functional team (PCB layout, Mechanical Design, Production, and Quality) to facilitate the design process.
- Selection of raw materials, components, and suppliers based on product performance specifications, reliability, regulatory requirements.
- Research and evaluation of new technologies.
- Participation in internal design reviews.
- Performs compliance and reliability testing of power supplies.
- Technical report writing.
- Engineering Change Notice Generation.
- Design of new OEM and standard product lines.
- Modification of existing designs to meet customer needs.
- Provides customer support as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5-10 years of experience in power supply design.
- High voltage experience is preferable, but not required.
- Willingness to undergo training in the Test Department for a period to be determined based on relevant experience.
- Knowledge of power conversion principles, topologies, and switching techniques.
- Working knowledge of CE and Low Voltage Directive Safety requirements.
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation.
- Experience with electronic packaging, electronic power supplies, and power conversion products.
- Understanding of Control Theory.
- Ability to write and analyze design documentation.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direct supervision.
- Ability to make economic judgments with respect to product cost and manufacturing process.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities as needed.
- Willingness to work flexible hours on occasion.
- Limited travel may be required.
Our Client offers a competitive salary and an exceptional benefit package including 100% employees paid health insurance, PTO starting at 3 weeks, a matching 401K, profit sharing/bonus incentives, 8 hours PTO for volunteer work, pet insurance and much more.
Quality ManagerQuality Manager - highly visible career advancement opportunity in New Jersey - where great things are happening! Our Client, a major supplier of critical power conversion technology to a variety of industrial markets including the semiconduc
- High Bridge, New Jersey