Director of Program Management
Our metrowest client is an energy startup commercializing an innovative battery technology first developed at MIT. As the Program Management Director you will lead several NPD programs and a small team of Program Managers to deliver the company’s innovative products and support services to a growing renewable energy market. The Program office will be responsible for directing the cross functional efforts of program management of for the company. Program managers are responsible for defining / managing the technical, timing and cost elements of development projects while being the primary interface between stakeholders and the internal engineering, manufacturing, quality and supply chain teams. The Director of Program Management will oversee engineering and product delivery support teams in project execution and phase-gate product delivery.
- Create and develop the program development process for productization of battery cells and the product systems for stationary, grid energy storage.
- Facilitate methodologies for programs through a multi-functional core team from concept through commercialization; develop cost analysis, create and manage the integration of project schedules and budgets, track progress and update stakeholders on status and drive communication plan to execution.
- Develop and foster a methodology for cross functional development of technical requirements.
- Facilitate core team meetings and design reviews, take minutes and follow up on routine action items with assigned owners.
- Create the systems to identify and help to resolve resource allocation issues and priorities to ensure the program is staffed appropriately, completed on time, and within budget constraints.
- Manage and reconcile program budgets and monthly spending reports, identify discrepancies and support core team re-planning as needed; manage and adjust project scope as needed.
- Utilize and improve on project management tools, processes, techniques and best practices.
- Document and track compliance to customer’s requirements along with developing and leading technical solutions to address identified gaps.
- Drive towards rapid identification and resolution of engineering related performance, cost, timing, manufacturing, supply base etc. related issues
- Support development and management to Engineering project budget and goals; ensure that product cost targets are met.
- Develop methodologies for the determination of cost calculations, including machine costs, manufacturing cycle time studies and overhead rates.
- Support company initiatives including, but not limited to cost reduction, new business acquisition, warranty response, and production and logistics strategy.
- Build, hire, manage, and motivate a high-caliber, team-oriented functional and cross functional development team and organization with systems approach
- International travel requirements.
- Must have a BSEE and/or BSME with MSEE/MSME/MBA desired
- Entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
- The successful candidate will have broad and deep experience within product development, industrialization and production of high-volume products
- 10 or more years managing product development teams
- Demonstrated competency in managing complex projects. Experience in qualifying and launching complex assembly for energy storage systems is desired.
- PMP Certification or demonstrated competency in managing complex projects
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving with a vision for how product and process creation can move forward
- Ability to thrive within a matrix organization with a Flexible / adaptable / dynamic / “can-do” attitude
Must have permanent legal authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship