Commercial Property Manager (Greater Boston)
Join a successful, rapidly expanding commercial real estate firm in Westborough, MA that owns over 3 million square feet of property. They're one of the biggest landlords in the state with two hundred customers renting out40 commercial structures.
They are looking for a detail-oriented and seasoned Commercial Property Manager to join their team in the MetroWest area. This is an 'in-office' role with some flexible hours.
The right candidates should have 3+ years of experience and will be reporting to the Senior Property Manager. The areas of responsibility include building operations, tenant suite improvements, tenant relations, budgets, and financial reporting for a portfolio of commercial and industrial properties.
Some of the specific job responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure that the properties are maintained to protect the asset and minimize costs
- Conduct property inspections, implement preventive maintenance procedures and ensure that repairs are made in a timely fashion.
- Supervise and evaluate on-site Building Managers.
- Complete weekly inspections at each property assigned
- Prepare scopes of work, obtain bids, generate submittal packages for approval, and award contracts to third party vendors
- Coordinate and oversee the work of outside vendors and contractors to ensure projects are completed per the approved scope, on time and on budget
- Coordinate and monitor tenant improvement projects from space planning, cost estimates, contract negotiation and construction through punch list and tenant occupancy
- Respond to tenant requests and complaints in a timely fashion
- Maintain positive communication between tenants and management
- Prepare operating and capital expenditure budgets. Report on actual vs. budget expenditures monthly
- Assist in the preparation of year-end operating and tax reconciliations
- Coding and processing of invoices
- Collection of rents and accurate reporting of delinquencies
- Coordinate accurate and timely reporting with the accounting department
- Assist with the due diligence process in the potential acquisitions of properties
- Act as a liaison between local town officials and management
- Support Senior Property Manager with leasing space including touring space with brokers and prospective tenants
- Responsible for overseeing snow removal at the properties including Supervision of contractors, building staff, and ensuring all walkways are kept clean and safe during snowstorms
- Respond to emergency calls 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.