Altium PCB Designer
Senior PCB Designer - Altium
North Shore of Boston location.
Join a Global leader in the power electronics industry and they develop the next generation of RF devices. Top Salary, excellent benefits and an collaborative environment that promotes career development await you!
US Citizens or Permanent Residents Only
The Senior PCB Designer/CAD Librarian is responsible for multilayer SMT and through-hole PCB design using Altium. In this role, you will work cross-functionally Engineering, Configuration Management, and Operations departments to interpret electrical engineering constraints and determine best strategy for Layout implementation.
- Create and maintain component library database schematic symbols and component land patterns per IPC and Corporate standards. Resolve library issues as they arise.
- Design highly complex Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s) in collaboration with design engineers to meet customer requirements. Interpret electrical engineering constraints and determine best strategy for Layout implementation.
- Perform PCB physical layout (parts placement, trace length adjustment, verification, etc.) with surface mount and through hole component technologies.
- Work closely with design engineers to ensure compliance with DFA, DFM, and DFT practices.
- Support PCB Layout reviews in collaboration with design engineers, and additional cross functional teams as required.
- Knowledge of PCB materials; base material, solder resist, peel off mask, board finish etc.
- Create PCB design packages that include schematic capture, symbol creation, placement, connection, netlist, BOM generation, artwork and production documentation using Altium for NPI and OrCAD for production/sustaining support..
- Provide engineering support to Production and Suppliers on PCB related design and quality issues.
- Prepare mark-ups of BOM and related drawings for ECO processing. Assist with Engineering Documentation and maintenance of PCB design files.
- Provide assistance to staff by troubleshooting and solving CAD related issues.
- Working in a dynamic engineering environment.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 to 10+ years’ experience in PCB layout designs and creating documentation for PCB’s and PCB assemblies.
- Thorough working knowledge of Altium is a must.
- PCB verification tools (e.g. CAM350 or equivalent)
- Maintenance and creation of CAD library
- Experience designing multilayer PCB boards and BGA’s is a must.
- Strong understanding of circuit board design and design for manufacturability, knowledge of relevant IPC standards (e.g., 6012, 610, 7711/21, 7351)
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, assembly, and product specification drawings.
- Experience with standard concepts, practices, and procedures with high power designs.
- Experience with RF or High Speed electronics a plus
- 2d and 3d mechanical packaging design capability using AutoCAD or SolidWorks is a plus.
- PLM type system and MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight schedules with attention to detail.
Our Client offers a competitive salary and a generous benefit package that includes 100% employer paid health/dental insurance to fulltime employees, a matching 401K plan, an incentive bonus plans and PTO/holiday pay. Our Client believes in recognizing Excellence and promotes career development and advancement.
Document Control AssistantDocumentation Control Assistant - 6 month contract Essex Country, MA The Document Control Assistant is responsible for providing general support to the operations of the Document Control and Configuration Management groups. This role will a
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Manufacturing Engineer/TechnicianManufacturing Engineering Technician - North Shore of Boston ( Recent Graduates with practical internship/co-op experience considered ) The ideal candidate will be have a BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, be career drive
- Gloucester, Massachusetts
Director Engineering Program ManagementDirector of Program Management Our metrowest client is an energy startup commercializing an innovative battery technology first developed at MIT. As the Program Management Director you will lead several NPD programs and a small team of Program Manag
- Worcester, Massachusetts