Account Executive Energy
Account Executive / Energy AI SaaS Sales
Our Client is accelerating the worlds transition to more sustainable, reliable and affordable energy with patented predictive AI to model, optimize and control smart grids in real time. Come join this company who is pioneering the next generation of intelligent energy software.
- Engage in consultative dialogue by leveraging green energy industry expertise, technology solution knowledge, and consultative sales techniques to influence client decisions, create value, and meet immediate and long-term business requirements.
- Leverage our clients AI-based software solutions to deliver compelling value propositions in the area of Virtual Power Plants, Distributed Energy Resource Management, Demand Response, Performance / Capacity Contracting, Wholesale Market Integration / Ancillary Services, and Energy Trading
- Function as a respected, contributing member of the sales team; that means being a “roll-up-your sleeves” producer.
- Meet or exceed individual monthly and quarterly New ARR and deal targets.
- Work to find a great solution for each client using a deep understanding of their business, financial acumen, strong sales process, and creativity.
- Drive the full sales cycle from prospecting through demo and contract negotiations/close.
- Achieve sales quotas through identifying, qualifying and closing business.
- Respond to RRP’s.
- Maintain updated sales records and prospects in salesforce.com.
- Forecast sales activity, revenue achievement and update activity/prospect status in weekly sales meetings and prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific sales targets.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Attend relevant industry and vertical events.
- Manage to an agreed upon set of activities, pipeline development and prospect mix to ensure consistent performance excellence quarter over quarter.
- Strategic account and business planning.
- Collaborate with SDR’s, Product Management and the Executive Team to help drive pipeline to close new business.
- 5-10 years’ experience selling a complex energy SaaS, IaaS or PaaS solution (preferably enterprise SaaS software) up-and-down in client organizations.
- Expertise in the energy industry, specifically Renewables and the Distributed Energy sector
- Experience selling software solutions to Energy Developers, Independent Power Producers, EPC’s and Utilities
- Familiarity with local utility regulations
- An understanding of Bundled Energy Solutions projects
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence cognitive engines capabilities (a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related engineering field.
- Skilled at networking and uncovering new opportunities.
- Proven experience in effectively building a regional territory, highly driven and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated success in strategic account selling.
- Strong business acumen; polished, and articulate, comfortable selling and presenting to senior level executives.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
This is a remote position. Travel is required
No sponsorship available