IT Staffing For Small and Medium Businesses: 3 Things You Must Know
- May 12, 2016
When small and medium businesses recruit for IT positions requiring skills that are in high demand, they often find themselves facing a formidable challenge. If this describes your organization, your IT staffing plan must include a wide array of recruitment strategies. While it’s always challenging to find the right IT candidates, smaller businesses have the added difficulty of remaining competitive in salary and perks when competing with bigger firms. Here are three ways that smaller employers can adapt their IT staffing recruitment to attract the most talented candidates.
- Flextime, including the option for employees to choose their hours.
- A compressed workweek, where employees work your company’s normal number of hours, but usually in less than the typical 5-day work week.
- Job-sharing, where two part-time employees fill one position.
- Telecommuting that allows employees to spend all or a portion of their work week at home.
- Permanent part-time positions with prorated benefits are very attractive to some IT professionals.
Be Open to Contract Work