Compensation: Highly competitive salary (50k range) + health, profit share / bonus, dental, 401k and more!
Position: Technology Operations Specialist / Tier 1 Help Desk Support Specialist
Work Location: Tariffville, CT
Join us in our mission to defeat diseases by applying your skills to real-world biomedical problems. Our client is seeking a full-time Technical Operations Specialist in their Tariffville, CT office to serve as a tier one help desk support representative. This IT support professional works closely with the Technology Operations Manager to support the growing technology needs of their team. In this role, you will help support the operations of a global leading company in biomedical modeling & simulation with the mission of improving health and defeating disease.
- Provide general IT support for all staff
- Procuring and building workstations, user management
- Manage receipt and trouble-shooting to address internal IT tickets
- Triage user issues and service requests. Provide assignment/escalation as appropriate.
- Provide application support to our internal staff
- Provide deployment and testing support of application releases
- Assist with creating, maintaining, and curating documentation for internal process and user instruction Work within our internal cloud-based systems
- Day-to-day tasks and project work as assigned
- 1-3 years in a user-facing, application support role – “Level 1” or comparable support experience
- Experience with Linux – strong foundation and practical experience desired
- Experience supporting Apple products (iPhones, MacBooks)
- General understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts
- General understanding of modern cloud computing concepts Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills and attention to detail Strong customer service skills
- Experience with some of the following tools is a plus: Ticket/request based workflow (systems like Jira, Zendesk, Freshdesk)
- Basic understanding of version control systems (git,GitHub, subversion)
- Physical Demands
- The job frequently requires working at a computer terminal, standing or sitting, and the ability to operate the computer with proficiency.
- The work environment is quiet with no adverse conditions.