Test Technician – join an industry leader as they grow in High Bridge, NJ
In this role of Test Technician, you will be exposed to the latest technology in high voltage power devices. Your responsibilities will include testing, troubleshooting, calibration and repair of many different models of high voltage DC power supplies. These are sophisticated, high-end power converters with embedded microcontrollers.
The ideal candidate will have an AS in Electronics or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years work experience , be able to work in a fast paced environment and be committed to meeting the company’s objectives and deadlines as well as achieving personal career advancement goals.
- Power up, testing and calibration of switching power supplies for the first time, following detailed test procedures.
- Read schematic diagrams to do some level of troubleshooting, with assistance available as needed.
- Repair manufacturing mistakes as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities when required.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Some formal electronics education required ( AS degree preferred )
- Resistor color code, component identification
- Good soldering skills, ability to do SMT rework
- Ability to lift 50 pounds to move units to/from cart or table
- Ability to read and understand schematics and bills of material
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, multimeters and other test equipment
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic, good judgement and attention to detail
- Will certify in IPC-610 and 620 workmanship standards
Our Client provides a competitive salary and a very generous benefit package which includes 100% employer paid health/dental/vision heath care to full-time employees and a major percentage of the dependent or souses cost. Addition benefits include a matching 401K, a bonus incentive plan for all salaried or hourly employees, vacation pay starting at 3 weeks and so much more.