- We are currently searching for a Test Engineer to join the Operations team supporting the Instrument Product Group. Join a cross functional team, developing and manufacturing analytical instrumentation in a team orientated and collaborative environment. This position supports the introduction of new products from design into manufacturing. Engages with Research & Development, and Manufacturing to develop Test and Test Equipment for complex analytical instrumentation.
- Develop and support automated test equipment for production of laboratory instrumentation. Test equipment is developed on a broad set of technologies used within our products, including flow measurement, optics, chemistry, pneumatics.
- Responsible for managing and leading the development of the production test and test equipment to support product quality within production.
- Participate with cross functional teams on continuous improvement initiates, automation activities, production testing and the resolution of manufacturing issues. Cross functional groups including Design Engineering, Supplier Mgmt, Supply Chain, and Operations.
- Collaborate with product designers/developers to embed production tests within product diagnostics: Recommending improvements, proposing solutions, and establishing test requirements.
- Support the validation IQ/OQ/PQ protocol validation of test equipment and software.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to ensure process problems are resolved based on sound engineering concepts.
- Drive continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes: first pass yields, productivity, and costs.
- Technical support for global production sites.
- BS/MS degree in a technical discipline, preferably in Computer, Electrical or Mechanical.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in operations, engineering, product development.
- ISO 9001, ISO 13485, GMP, or other highly regulated industries experience
- Experience supporting complex electromechanical assemblies/instrumentation, preferably in the analytical or medical device industry.
- Lean and Six Sigma manufacturing principles
- SAP or Oracle experience
- PC Based Test Equipment
- A/D, D/A, amplifiers and related circuit
- LabVIEW programming
- NI Test Stand
- DAQ system
- Customer Focus – Internal and External
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and communicate effectively through listening, understanding and supplying timely feedback.
- Program Management/Leadership Skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills