Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, 401k match, benefits and more!
Our technology based client in Rocky Hill, CT is in need of hiring a System Administrator ASAP! Ideal candidates will come from companies with 250 or less employees.
The IT System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance and monitoring of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and our client’s partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for all infrastructure systems, virtual or physical including servers, storage, switches, routers, LAN, WAN, SDWAN infrastructure across all locations. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for the maintenance of all personal computers and equipment throughout all departments in all locations, including branch offices.
- Engineering of solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Installation support and ongoing operational maintenance for any/all systems, virtual or physical including servers, hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration and maintenance procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Participate within regular security monitoring activities to identify any possible vulnerabilities or intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media or location to assure the integrity of data recovery and processes.
- Manage Azure and AD as needed in support of the above and our user base.
- Provide Tier III and other support per request. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Responsible for protecting the privacy and security of personal information as detailed in our client’s Comprehensive Written Information Security Plan.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- 5-10 years of professional work experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Virtualization experience with either Hyper V or VMWare is required
- Up to 10% travel throughout New England may be required
- Exposure with Azure at a minimum.
Education / Other:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 2 years in a Windows Systems & Networking support position or a minimum of 5 years within the IT infrastructure & networking fields with the ability to demonstrate competency with current technologies & concepts
- Technical background with a solid understanding of personal computers, software, hardware, peripherals, operating systems, Microsoft applications and networking environments is essential.
- Currently supported versions of Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems both virtual and physical
- Currently supported versions of Microsoft Office Suite including Office 365
- Security / Palo Alto, but not required. ASAs in use as well through a remote data center.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange Sever
- Active Directory and file rights
- Knowledge of scripting to aid in automation of manual tasks (not required)
- Knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN infrastructure (not required)
- Familiarity with IP networking protocols (the majority of the networking is done by a 3rd party)
- Sharepoint (not required)