**Applicants will only be considered if they have experience working in the Construction industry along with Sage**
Compensation: Competitive salary, + benefits, bonus, profit sharing, 401k match, and more!
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a Boston, MA based growing firm in the construction industry (50 Million in sales, 8 years in business)! The Staff Accountant will assist with the General Ledger (GL) maintenance and preparing for month-end / year end. There will also be accounts payable (AP) analysis, and some compliance tracking for subcontractor paperwork, etc.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Business Manager.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Business Manager, as to your observations and actions are taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, Subcontractor invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Perform the accounts payables. Keep track of subcontract contract amounts, change order amounts and make payments under the direction of Business Manager. It is expected that the Biller maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues and work with the PM to resolve.
- Set up new projects.
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the Business Manager.
- Work with subcontractors to receive required paperwork in a timely fashion, invoices, proof of insurance and lien waivers.
- Reconcile budgeted forecasts to actual costs.
- Prepare monthly WIP accruals and other month end closing tasks.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare special project analyses of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Business Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree with some college courses in Accounting or Business preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, excel, and accounting software.
- 1-2 years of cost accounting.
- A thorough knowledge of standard AIA contract language and types, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Business Manager, as necessary.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
- Knowledge of Sage 100 Software is a plus.