Sr. Frontend Engineer
WORK FROM HOME / REMOTE. Candidates must be in the EST or CST time zone.
Perks: Salary target $130,000.00 – $160,000.00 along with benefits, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off and more!
Our client is a Y-Combinator alumni startup that has built a platform and tools to automate communication with customers…while not losing that personal touch! They are literally exploding in today's work-from-home economy, and their SaaS solution is a game-changer in driving revenue with little to no business development.
Our client’s core frontend is built in React.JS + Redux, but they are constantly exploring tech that best fits the needs of their customers and engineers. They believe in using the best tools for the job, and value engineering expertise over language prowess.
They value: documentation, test coverage, performance, styled components, custom UI development, and a fast-paced mind set.
They predominantly communicate over Slack, making little use of email internally. They do daily standups each morning via Google Hangouts. Github is their repo tool of choice and we track progress and requirements via Jira.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong technical background, including 6+ years of experience building impactful products or systems
- Have 3+ years of React and Redux experience
- Have 1+ years experience writing custom CSS from the ground-up, without the use of material UI
- Have incredible communication skills and are a joy to work with
- Enjoy doing anything it takes to solve problems and see projects through to completion
- Find improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes rewarding
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security and design
- Hold yourself and others to a high level of accountability when working with production
- Can effectively debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Enjoy doing whatever it takes to solve problems and delight users
What you will do:
- Thrive in a collaborative environment developing and executing against immediate and long term roadmaps and making effective tradeoffs considering business priorities, but always with the user experience in mind
- Write high quality, performant code that sees tons of exposure and user feedback in a growing, fast-pace, startup environment
- Teach and mentor junior ICs to become the next generation of top-tier engineers
- Inform critical decisions with consideration for software best practices, system design, and product roadmap
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building platforms or products/services
- Serve as a role model for software design and scalable systems architecture by developing, sharing, and setting the bar for engineering quality
You should apply if:
- You're passionate about building beautifully crafted software and creating awesome developer experiences.
- You value collaboration, autonomy, moving fast and getting lots done. We have no time or interest for bureaucracy and micromanagement — we're moving fast and you'll be required to take responsibility for delivering a high quality product.
- You want to build a product you would use yourself, and bring your unique insight and perspective to the table as an engineer in shaping our overarching product offering.
- You like solving big problems. Their greatest challenges are on the horizon, and they will need experienced, intelligent, hard-working and creative minds to solve foundational infrastructure challenges to further establish their SaaS platform as the leading B2C messaging platform.
- You want to make a huge impact, and share in the success of a company you've helped build.