Our client, a leading ISP, Data Center, and Cloud Services provider, is seeking a Sr. Engineer to join the Customer Network Operations Center team. This is a newly created position and an exciting opportunity to serve as the team’s senior most technical team member who will and help to shape how the CNOC team operates. Must be passionate about the career development of more jr. technical team members. You will help develop the careers of others by building training programs, providing mentoring, and developing technical evaluations that Network Analyst will need to pass for promotion. You will also serve as the final point of escalation for customer’s technical issues.
This position can be located in Charlotte, NC or Columbia, SC.
The CNOC Sr. Engineer provides in depth support of our product portfolio, Transport,IP and Voice Networks. The position requires extensive knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, protocols and procedures in one or more of the functional areas and a firm functional understanding of the others. The Engineer will assist in the creation of policies defining standards for troubleshooting and testing in the CNOC. The CNOC Sr. Engineer may operate with considerable latitude for unsupervised action or decision. This role requires collaboration with other engineers, managers, and stakeholders both internally and with clients in order to drive continual improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regarded as a subject matter expert in one or more of the following areas: Data, IP, Voice, Cloud or XaaS
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, Service Delivery and Operations as the CNOC technical representative.
- Serve as a technical escalation contact for customer issues
- Provide assistance and support to other team members as required during outages
- Utilizes high level of communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships
- Assist CNOC Management team as required to in resolving customer related troubles
- Develop testing coursework and curriculum for CNOC and CSC team members that will be used to provide career pathing opportunities within the organization
- Assist CNOC personnel with their technical development through coaching and mentoring
- Performs analysis and studies trends to develop immediate and long-range plans to improve the customer experience, guide best practices and decrease the overall number of customer impacting issues
- Assist all CNOC technicians as required for analytical support in determining the root cause of customer problems and implement action plans to resolve
- Act as the liaison for the CNOC with engineering and other internal departments on all technical matters
- Attend customer meetings as needed
- Approves Internal Technical Service Bulletins and creates Operations Best Practices as required
- Perform any other duties assigned by Sr. Director Customer Service
- Education: College degree in Engineering or a related field and 5+ years professional level experience; or 8+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.
- Experience: Experience with at least 2 of the following required: Service provider routing and switching technologies, IP routing equipment from Ciena, Cisco, Juniper, and/or Nokia (Alcatel-Lucent), UNIX systems ( BSD, Solaris, Linux), programming and scripting ( C, PERL, SQL), electrical and optical circuit test equipment. CCNA/CCNP/Nokia certifications preferred.
- Key Competencies: Strong work ethic and multi-tasking ability. Demonstrated highly motivated self-starter. Demonstrated strong research and testing abilities. Demonstrated analytical skills. Must have a strong aptitude for problem-solving. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.