Compensation: Highly competitive salary + health, dental, 401k and more! Full Time employee can work in Hartford, CT or Cambridge, MA offices. Also, candidates in the Washington DC area can work remotely from their home office.
Established in 2004, our privately held client with 45 employees in Cambridge, MA (Kendall Sq.) is a global leader in biomedical modeling and simulation services (PaaS). They would like to hire a seasoned Sr. Cloud / DevOps Engineer ASAP. This full-time Cloud and DevOps Engineer will lead initiatives within their small cloudbased services and solutions team. This is an excellent opportunity to use your skills and experience, while making a difference.
- Create and deploy all infrastructure automation within our AWS space, using Chef/Puppet (or equivalent), and utilize various AWS services, including CloudFormation, IAM, CodeCommit.
- Secure and manage the security of our AWS control plane.
- Lead and perform infrastructure and software quality assurance efforts; advises colleagues in software development best practices.
- Manage public and private code repositories.
- Oversee and administer Company electronic communications tools.
- Identify and define company standards for software tools.
- Advise executive management of problems or conflicts; escalates critical matters.
- 5 or more years experience in cloud computing and configuration management (Chef, Puppet) or related field.
- Proficient with Amazon Web Services.
- Proficient with a Linux flavor, including managing users and software on managed systems.
- Proficient with versioning tools (Git, svn).
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Ruby or Python preferred).
- Some experience or exposure to authentication security.
Education and Experience:
- AWS certification (any) is a big plus! Ideally, we prefer a 4-year college degree (technical or quantitative science) or equivalent work experience with evidence of proficiency and achievement in virtual infrastructure management and programming languages.
- Additional training and/or experience in virtualized infrastructure related tasks is preferred.
Travel: up to 10% travel likely in New England