Our client has an opening for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to work out of the Richmond, VA (West End area). In this position, you will participate in research activities to obtain information required for rate changes, product development and management decisions.
- Very competitive salary + bonus
- Stable company that's been in business nearly 100 years and has an excellent rating
- Outstanding benefits including
- Training and continuing education reimbursement
- Certification assistance
- Medical and dental from day one
- Very generous 401K match
- Excellent PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays
- Professional, but down-to-earth friendly culture
- Develop rates which are profitable, competitive, and consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain actuarial sound pricing models for all property and casualty products.
- Design, develop and maintain property and casualty competitive models.
- Perform loss, loss adjustment expense and salvage/subrogation reserve studies.
- Coordinate research activities to obtain information required for rate changes, product design and management decision making.
- Provide actuarial data, cost analysis and technical assistance in the implementation of all property and casualty products.
- Assist in personal lines predictive modeling.
- Assist in corporate budget forecasting and modeling.
- Assure that rate manual pages, premium determination rules and computer support are in compliance with the rating rules and procedures on file with the Bureau of Insurance for each line of business.
- All other duties as assigned by the manager and/or Sr. VP of Product Development and Actuarial
Minimum Education / Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, or Statistics or Actuarial Science.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the actuarial field.
Minimum Skill Qualifications
- Extensive PC skills including databases, spreadsheets, and Windows word processing packages
- Proven analytical ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in predictive modeling using Emblem and Radar
- Proficiency in accessing mainframe database
- Ability to format analytical report requests and exchange information between mainframe systems and personal computers.
- Minimum of 5 exams in Casualty Actuarial Society or equivalent experience