The Software Applications Engineer is responsible for understanding machine sub-system requirements, developing codes to achieve product performance, and testing your code in a simulated and actual machine environment. This position will determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions. This position may also document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Develop software that incorporate state-of-the-art control software, connected together with factory integration and scheduling software, to include AI based predictive diagnostic software.
- Working with process and equipment engineers, translate product requirements into machine control software requirements.
- Collaborate with process engineering to implement data-driven chemical and material control algorithms for advanced process control using database architecture.
- Run software tests and report on results.
- Opportunities for global travel to assist customers with software upgrades and troubleshoot and implement software solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or relevant field, combined with 2 or more years' related software experience. (Master's degree preferred, but not essential).
- Familiarity with equipment control software development, testing, and quality control.
- Proficiency with C, C++, and C# .net programming
- Ability to obtain a passport and travel approximately 10-15%, including both domestic and international travel.