Compensation: Salary range $140,000.00 – $225,000.00 base salary, along with health, dental, 401k and more! Full Time employee can work in Hartford, CT or Cambridge, MA offices (or work from home / REMOTE from your home office).
About the company, and a bit about the engineers that could be hired:
- Established in 2004, our privately held client with 60+ employees between their Cambridge and Hartford offices, is a global leader in biomedical modeling and simulation services (PaaS). They have worked with over 150 clients on more than 475 projects.
- Join my client in their mission to defeat diseases by applying your skills to support real-world biomedical problems. Be a valued addition to the tech solutions team, which is at 9 people now (4 software engineers, 1 scientific tools developer, 1 data science engineer, 2 DevOps, 1 Director).
- Our client would like to hire 2 people. Someone looking to be a strong Senior individual contributor, AND someone that is willing to step back a little and also do some management.
- The management type hire would still be expected to be as ‘close to the metal’ and be able to work on implementation, but would be someone potentially interested in spending less time going forward coding directly and more on architecture, overall design, and making sure all the bits and pieces are fitting together. For that person, we would expect them to be able to talk in detail about prior projects, especially for development or infrastructure projects to be very comfortable discussing the bad and ugly decisions that burned them and how those shape their current mindset.
About the opening position:
- 7+ years of direct experience in DevOps / Site Reliability engineering.
- On the infrastructure side, Terraform, Docker, security/authentication patterns, and general AWS architecture are all high on the list.
- High performance computing experience is a big plus as well.
- Solid coding experience preferable in GO and/or Ruby…but day-to-day any software engineering this person would do would likely be in Golang.
- Unix/Linux system administration (users, permissions, security, bash scripting).
- Cloud architecture and automation (how to deploy and maintain applications and infrastructure on AWS).
- Enterprise networking and security (dealing with access control, network security groups, keeping applications and systems secure).
My client knows that the key to their company’s success is the happiness and wellbeing of their team. Their goal is to provide a work life that is engaging, rewarding, and fun.
Travel – very minimal. Maybe once every two months.