Compensation: 120-170k + health, dental, 401k and more! Full Time employee can work in Hartford, CT or Cambridge, MA offices. Also, candidates in the Washington DC area can work remotely from their home office.
Established in 2004, our privately held client with 45 employees between their Cambridge and Hartford offices, is a global leader in biomedical modeling and simulation services (PaaS). They have worked with over 150 clients on more than 475 projects.
Join my client in their mission to defeat diseases by applying your skills to support real-world biomedical problems. They would like to hire a seasoned Software Engineer to develop open source and internal tools to support our analytics and engineering services. This is an excellent opportunity to develop as a software developer gaining experience with cutting edge methods and technologies, while making a difference.
Senior Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of internal and open source tools to support data science applications.
- Facilitate the consistent implementation of innovative deliverables in collaboration with other company scientists.
- Ship consistently high quality software tools
- Assist in the building, deploying, and maintaining tools used in infrastructure in public cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Requirements gathering, ownership of the product roadmaps, and creation of training materials on the developed tools.
Senior Software Engineer Requirements:
- 3+ years of operations and/or programming experience
- Experience with a version control system such as git
- Experience with writing production ready code, including CI/CD workflows
- Ability to work well as part of a project team
- A strong drive to learn and share learnings with others
Senior Software Engineer Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering or quantitative field, and equivalent job experience.
- Linux and Unix-like systems administration and exposure to containerization with Docker.
My client knows that the key to their company’s success is the happiness and wellbeing of their team. Their goal is to provide a work life that is engaging, rewarding, and fun. They offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
My client is a leading provider of biomedical modeling and simulation services in the U.S.A. and internationally. Founded in 2004, my client has worked with over 150 clients on more than 475 projects. Their experience spans R&D efforts for small molecule pharmaceuticals, biologic therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical device/drug-device combinations, across multiple therapeutic areas.