Client Type: Construction/Civil Engineering – leading manufacturer of cold-formed steel framing and interior/exterior finishing products in North America.
Location: West Chester, OH
Title: Senior Research Engineer
Position Type: Direct, Full-Time
This is not a remote position. Must be willing to relocate (if not local).
Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Research Engineer. The selected candidate will provide expert technical support to the development, evaluation and documentation of cold-formed steel framing products and components.
The Senior Research Engineer independently evaluates, selects, and applies structural engineering methods and procedures to assignments of significant complexity, possibly involving conflicting requirements, inaccessible materials, or processes. The Senior Research Engineer seeks continual improvement of work practices developed from experience with moderate-sized projects. Additionally, they develop and implement extensions and expansions to existing analytical and test-based methods and protocols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages projects of significant size and scope and makes substantial contributions to attaining overall project goals and objectives.
- Identifies problems and related issues impeding long-term solutions; identifies technical approaches for solving problems and meeting customer needs.
- Performs tasks of a larger scope and often leads specific tasks within the project scope.
- Sought out for contributions to reports and publications; author/co-author on proposals, presentations, and reports.
- Interacts in a collaborative manner with other team members to accomplish organizational goals; provides ideas to improve organizational efficiency at group and department levels.
- Creates, monitors, and implements effective plans; takes lead for scoping tasks/projects; assembles project team members.
- Recognized for technical contributions by internal and external peer networks
- Contributes to positive co-worker/customer/investigator relationships through efficient interaction on current projects.
- Supervises engineers and test technicians assigned to tasks under their direction, during the time that those projects are activ
- Master's degree in related engineering field with 8-10 years' experience, or PHD who has been in a Post-Doc position for one/two years or has equivalent experience related to area of specialization.
- PE encouraged, but not required
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of cold-formed steel design and engineering, specifically proficiency in cold-formed steel framing structural analysis and testing.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and understanding of AISI Specifications.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the design and analysis of mechanical fasteners used with cold-form steel framing including self-drilling screws, powder-driven fasteners, concrete expansion and epoxy anchors and welds.
- Versatility with analytical and design methods with the ability to solve problems using various approaches.
- Competence in AutoCAD and Finite Element Analysis software.
- Reads and accurately interprets engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated software coding skills to automate AISI design specifications to generate CFS product design capacity tables of considerable size and complexity
- Can effectively explain engineering principles and procedures to other engineers.
- Effectively prepares written correspondence in a professional manner.
- Effectively presents verbal presentations.
- Ability to analyze complex data.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time and lift 50 lbs.
- Office and test lab.
- Full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Annual Incentive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement Program
- Community Service Day
- Working with a company that fosters a work-life balance