Compensation Target: $130,000.00, potential variable bonus, 401k match, healthcare, etc.
Our client, a leading digital marketing agency in Boston, is in need of hiring a permanent Senior Project Manager ASAP! The Senior Project Manager role within our client’s Digital Operations service line focuses on long-term client engagements with dual responsibilities: ensure stable client environments and drive client enhancement initiatives. This role requires someone who thrives in a fast-pace environment where priorities shift quickly. An ideal candidate keeps their cool under pressure. They reassure clients by setting proper expectations for effort and schedule to resolve issues and developing enhancements. The role requires a high degree of collaboration both within the service line and across other clients service lines to ensure that we deliver the right skillset at the right time.
This person is the client’s main interface, so they need to have outstanding client management skills, including the ability to help clients set priorities, manage timelines, and understand technical implications of a given solution.
It is important that the Digital Operations Senior PM have a strong and diverse background in not only oversight of technical projects, but can also bring to bear the requisite client-facing soft skills that foster positive communications and trust among your clients.
Objectives: The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of both projects and ongoing support relationships for clients. The focus of the work for this group will be to handle change orders, enhancements, bug fixes, etc. The Senior Project Manager will:
- Assist clients in the scoping and prioritization of their various initiatives.
- Set client expectations around effort and schedule for completing initiatives
- Create and execute project work plans (Scope, Schedule, and Budget)
- Plan and secure team staffing needs throughout the engagement
- Actively work with the team to manage work assignments and deliverables
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Effectively apply Our clients project methodology and standards as required
- Prepare engagement quality reviews and using appropriate quality assurance procedures
- Control project risk and exposure
- Manage day-to-day client interaction and set client expectations
- Develop lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client loyalty
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen relationships
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives
- Identify "follow-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific client engagement
- Assist proposal efforts including completing project scoping and SOW assessments
- Effectively articulate Our clients capabilities to clients
- Manage projects by Agile methodology
- Past experience managing technical / software development type projects
- Responsible for teams sizes that usually range from 3-7 people
- Confirm project legal documents are completed and signed
- Manage project budget, schedule, milestones, and risks
- Track and report team hours and expenses to clients on a weekly basis
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Resolve and/or escalate risks and issues in a timely fashion
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project
- Analyze project and Managed Services portfolio profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and individual and team member utilization
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of software development, CRM, user experience, creative design, and infrastructure architecture
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Computer Science (preferred) or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills between both the customer and all levels within the organization are required
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required
- 5 or more years of client consulting experience
- Minimal. Vast majority of the work will be done local in Downtown Boston. There may be a trip to the client’s HQ sporadically.