~ Remote / work from home option / telecommute. Ideal candidates are local to the area, however will consider candidates in the EST time zone.
Compensation: up to a $175,000.00 salary, with benefits, bonus, equity, 401k match, healthcare, and more!
Our client based in Cambridge, MA believes in, up to date data as the linchpin of making informed decisions. They assert that the best way to have accurate data is via human guided machine learning system, that improves over time. They believe that human intelligence cannot be replaced by machines. As a result, they are building the core set of tools, to enable companies to leverage their existing domain expertise and data, to produce clean, up to date data to be used as fuel to make better decisions and deliver transformational business outcomes.
About the job:
- Currently looking for a Senior or Principal DevOps Engineer to join the DevOps team as they continue to evolve their Platform. With their growing customer base and increasing demand for additional services, they are growing their DevOps team to focus on supporting the development of new products, deploying to new cloud environments, incorporating third party integrations and tools to enable product engineering.
As a member of the DevOps team some of the project you will be working on are:
- Develop highly scalable, cloud native architectures for large data pipelines
- Build out Tamr Platform as a Service (PaaS) to deploy and monitor scaled out deployments in the cloud
- Enhance observability of their platform in the cloud via distributed tracing and other technologies
- Enable the engineering team to build scalable, performant, reliable, & secure software
- Support in establishing DevSecOps and Chaos Engineering as core disciplines of Product Engineering
- Overhauling their build and deployment pipeline (CI/CD) to utilize open source platforms and tools to support a core platform and the many applications built on the platform
You might be a good fit if you have 2 or more of the below:
- 7+ years of experience in DevOps / Systems Administration with 5+ years of experience with Linux/Unix systems administration
- 3+ years of experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting (preferably AWS or Azure)
- Hadoop experience 1+ year(s) of k8s experience
- Experience with configuration management tools (they use ansible + puppet)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Cloud
- Formation or Terraform experience
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Python
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Technologies we use:
- Multi-cloud (GCP / AWS / Azure)
- Terraform / Ansible / Puppet
- Big Data Technologies (BigTable /Hbase, Dataproc / Databricks / Spark)
- Java, Python, Scala