Rate: Up to $100 per hour
Local Candidates Only
This is an exciting opportunity to work in Boston (seaport area) with a publicly traded industry leader in the software energy intelligence field! Our client is looking to hire a Senior Network Engineer to join their team. They would like to do a 6 month contract to start with potential for extensions, or even a temp to hire (if both parties are interested).
*LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY – Cannot support H1b's*
This person will help support and deploy enterprise network infrastructures. Ideally, this person will have some exposure to Cisco network infrastructure, but that is not a requirement. You will focus on network support but will learn and grow as a result of being surrounded by a team of senior engineers helping deploy solutions.
About the Senior Network Engineer job:
- Implement and maintain global LAN/WAN environment, network monitoring, etc.
- Solve technical issues discovered during deployment and operation of the network
- Experience with troubleshooting, operating systems, networking, system administration desktop support, security, etc.
- Help with deployment, testing, installing network software and hardware
- Create and maintain documentation for installed designs
- On-call support rotation
- Routing, switches (switching design)
- ASA Firewalls, TCP/IP protocols, subnets, routing, DNS, VPN, WAN, LAN, SNMP, services management
Nice to have skills, NOT requirements:
- Cisco IWAN networking
- Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K
- Cisco ASA and CSR / ISR Routers experience