Senior FPGA Engineer – Salary $140K+ range depending on experience.
Join a high performing global company dedicated to developing critical power conversion technology for the medical, technology and industrial markets. The position is located on the scenic North Shore of Boston.
The Senior FPGA Design Engineer will be responsible for the development of HDL code and firmware to run on FPGA-based SoCs and hardware within a larger control system. The candidate will need expertise in many of the following areas: FPGA hardware design (Xilinx and Altera), firmware development, communication with microprocessors, DSP, and have good working knowledge of control system techniques and topologies. Must be experienced bringing up and debugging FPGA based HW and FW. This is for someone who is both comfortable with theory but also hands on.
The Senior FPGA Engineer will have these Key Responsibilities:
- Develop HDL code to configure and FW to run embedded FPGAs and SoCs from Xilinx and Altera
- Contribute to the design of control system FW and HW architecture
- Bring up, configure, characterize, and debug new PCBAs
- Write bootloaders for FPGAs and microprocessors on new and existing PCBAs
- Write and implement algorithms, and DSP routines developed by controls and product experts
- Debug and optimize FPGA and FPGA SoC based HW and FW.
- Work in a lab environment using digital embedded system debug tools (ICE, logic analyzers, JTAG, Oscilloscopes, etc)
- Other duties may be assigned as required
The Senior FPGA Engineer will have the following Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 10 years of HW development experience
- 5+ years of experience FPGA logic design, synthesis and layout with Xilinx and Altera FPGA’s
- Familiar with and experience in creating custom IP within Xilinx and Altera FPGA’s
- Firmware within both MicroBlaze and Nios.
- Has designed/debugged Hardware IP for fast sampling ADC and DAC.
- Experience with AXI interface within hardware IP.
- Experience with debugging hardware IP within the FPGA development tools.
- BS Degree in EE, CS, or equivalent experience (Master’s Degree preferred)
In addition to competitive salary, the company offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes company sponsored health insurance coverage, and a 401K plan. Non-financial benefits include a friendly work environment