Electro-Mechanical Designer – PCB & Mechanical Design / CAD Librarian – North Shore of Boston location
Candidates must be US Citizens or Green Card holders
The Senior Electro-Mechanical Designer will have responsibility for the following:
- PCB & Multilayer SMT and through-hole PCB design using Altium ( 3 + years of Altium experience required
- CAD Librarian responsibilities
- Mechanical Design using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Will work with Electrical, Mechanical, Product Data, Purchasing, and Production departments
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Electro-Mechanical Designer:
- Create and maintain a component library database of schematic symbols and component land patterns per IPC and Corporate standards.
- Design single sided, double sided & multi-layer printed circuit boards with guidance from Electrical Engineers.
- Create PCB design packages that include schematic capture, symbol creation, placement, connection, netlist, BOM generation, artwork and production documentation using Altium and OrCAD.
- Update/Revise existing designs as required.
- Design and model power supplies with associated internal sub-assemblies including PCB footprints and harnessing for proper fit and function using Altium and SolidWorks.
- Create sheet metal fabrication drawings to comply with standards.
- Generate Mechanical Bill of Materials for data entry.
- Prepare mark-ups of BOM and related drawings for ECO processing.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Key Qualifications / Skills for the Senior Electro-Mechanical Designer:
- 10+ years of experience in electronic design using PCAD, PADS, Altium, or similar CAD tools, at least 3 in Altium.
- 2d and 3d mechanical design capability using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Proven skill in Multi-Layer, Schematic Capture, Gerber, DXF.
- Good knowledge of SMT PCB layout, package sizes and IPC standards.
- Strong understanding of circuit board design and design for manufacturability.
- Concentrated experience and/or educational background in engineering is highly desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, assembly, and product specification drawings.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience communicating effectively with electrical and mechanical engineers.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to achieve deadlines.
In addition to competitive salary, my Client offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes company sponsored health insurance coverage, and a 401K plan. Non-financial benefits include an innovative work environment offering opportunities for growth.