Senior Digital Engineer – Salary to $150K
Our Client, a fast-growing company listed on the London Stock Exchange, is looking for self-motivated Senior Digital Engineer to join the R&D team in developing the next generation of power conversion equipment. Located in the Greater Boston Area, the company offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes company sponsored health insurance coverage, and a 401K plan and a dynamic working atmosphere.
Candidates must be US Citizens or Green Card holders.
Senior Digital Engineer Position Summary:
The Senior Digital Engineer will be responsible for the development of both hardware and firmware that forms the foundation of both the interface and control system in high power RF Generators. The successful candidate will have expertise in many of the following areas: development and maintenance of both hardware and firmware, development of communication standards (i.e. DNET, Ethercat, etc.), and have good working knowledge of control system techniques and topologies. Will be both comfortable with theory and hands on work.
Senior Digital Engineer’s Key Responsibilities :
- Design hardware and code to run RF Generators for ISM applications.
- Design interfaces for high speed serial and parallel I/O such as Ethernet, USB, PCIe, UART, I2C, SPI, RS485, and EtherCAT
- Contribute to the design of control system FW and HW architecture
- Bring up, configure, characterize, and debug new PCBAs
- Write and implement algorithms, and DSP routines developed by controls and product experts
- Debug and HW and FW
- Work in a lab environment using digital embedded system debug tools (ICE, logic analysers, JTAG, Oscilloscopes, etc)
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of FW & HW development experience
- BS Degree in EE, CS, or equivalent experience (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Experience with HDL code for FPGA and SOC (Xilinx and Altera) a plus.
- Familiarity with RISC-V