Our Client is a well establish global manufacturer of highly sophisticated, complex capital equipment to the semiconductor and life science industries. Due to significant growth, my Client is looking to hire a motivated, very data driven, experienced Buyer/Planner to their dynamic and collaborative team.
- The Senior Buyer/Planner is responsible for coordinating purchasing activities with production control, operations/manufacturing, and engineering teams to acquire inventory in the most cost effective and timely manner. This individual will be responsible for acquiring and maintaining a technical understanding of products purchased. In addition, will perform price analysis and volume planning for major commodities. Responsibilities will also include gathering quotations and obtaining materials, components, equipment and services. Will monitor and report on purchase price variances and will evaluate supplier reliability regarding on time delivery. Day to day responsibilities will also include:
- Managing day-to-day inventory planning for respective products
- Processing Oracle MRP output, processing Planned Orders in a timely manner to support demand.
- Tracking work order shortages and expediting materials.
- Rescheduling and Expediting production and service material PO’s to meet customer delivery goals.
- Following up on purchase orders, quotes for production material; prepare summary and price comparison documentation. Placing purchase orders as needed for assigned commodities and suppliers.
- Initiating and following through on any supplier date changes and working through appropriate channels to resolve issues and get material delivered on time.
- Assisting and facilitating the prompt disposition of non-conforming materials from assigned commodities.
- Communicating supplier performance, particularly On Time Delivery and Quality, including supplier visits as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- APICS CPIM and/or CPP certification is preferred
- Demonstrated skills and experience in purchasing, scheduling, material requirements planning, inventory management, risk management, supplier relationship management and manufacturing resource planning
- Strong problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the highest level of customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict by identifying and handling conflicts in a sensible, fair and efficient manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintains the highest levels of integrity
- Oracle EBS and/or Oracle Cloud experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience in a high technology manufacturing environment managing a wide range of mechanical commodity areas and related suppliers.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Lean principles and Kanban utilization