Compensation / Perks: Salary in the $150,000.00 range / plus or minus, 401k match, healthcare, dental and more!
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the Metro West area of Boston with a major player in the manufacturing / software industry! They provide companies with the most technologically advanced and comprehensive product cost management software available on the market today.
They are looking for a senior level engineer to help evolve their flagship desktop application and participate in the design and delivery of new features. You will learn their data model, and also do some data consolidation within their product as well. The new hire will join a local team of 15 talented software engineers with a company size of approximately 150 employees.
- 5+ years of team-driven software engineering experience
- 3+ years of Java development experience on Windows platforms
- Experience designing and implementing major components of software
- Excellent communication skills and ability to document and describe complex processes and workflows
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
- Skilled at object-oriented analysis, design and programming
- BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline
Desired, NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with JDBC, and Java ORMs such as JPA or Hibernate
- An interest in compiler design and evolution of specialized computer languages
- Expertise in database design and documentation
- A demonstrable understanding of multi-threading in Java applications
- Experience with Docker, REST services, and one or more other languages such as Node, Python, Scala, Go, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with Java GUI development using Swing or JFx (to support a legacy product)