Senior Account Manager, Business Insurance (P&C), Alexandria, VA
Our client is looking for a highly experience Commercial P&C Account Manager with 8+ years of providing outstanding customer service. This position is supporting a mature portfolio in the construction and large property real estate industry. This is an opportunity to work for a brokerage with an outstanding reputation and industry leading products and services.
- Outstanding compensation and benefits
- Great team and culture
- Ability to meet any client need with the industries best products and services
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Handles and manages accounts effectively on an ongoing basis. Provides coverage analysis and risk management recommendations, completes applications, prepares submissions, negotiates coverage and pricing with markets, and prepares proposals according to agency standards and workflows.
- Performs customer service and account management responsibilities which include resolving issues related to billing, making changes to policies, and responding to policy coverage related questions in a timely and professional manner in accordance with agency standards and workflows.
- Meets with clients, either one-on-one or team to discuss issues, and resolve problems.
- Resolves applicable Accounting Discrepancies.
- Assists with policy-checking.
- Manages the renewal process in accordance with agency standards and workflow guidelines.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations, acts to save accounts in accordance to agency standards and workflows.
- Maintains client files on computer system and use computer system to perform all transactions.
- Pursues all opportunities to cross sell and round out accounts.
- Receives phone calls from clients and companies and complies with the request. Advises the team, as necessary.
- Maintains proper level of communication and builds effective relationships with clients and companies.
- Keeps up to date on rates, forms, and coverage changes through bulletins and circulars.
- Performs all activities relating to the public, customers and companies to avoid issues involving potential errors and omissions.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Detail Oriented
- Perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Logical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Technology savvy and fully proficient in web browser software and Microsoft Office products.
- Superior Excel skills working with complex information.
- 8+ years insurance experience in an agency or brokerage environment and demonstrated knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance.
- High School Diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- P & C Insurance License or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Insurance designation – (i.e. INS, AAI, CISR) or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge. Working toward CPCU, CIC, ARM, and/or AU designation or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and ability.
- Industry experience with Construction and Real Estate needed.